engagement manager Job Reviews
Women who are engagement managers have an overall job satisfaction level of 3.8, 50% of them believe there is gender equality in their firms, and make an average salary range of $100k-$150k.
I've worked with Fuzz for 1 1/2 years, and it's clear that Fuzz values talent over gender, which is refreshing. We are a tech company, and many of our employees are under the age of 30, so there's a very open-mind to social issues. More importantly, we have no vacation policy (meaning take as much as you need), flex time, and work from home privileges. Fuzz very much believes in the concept of treating employees as humans with life outside of work. About 60% of Senior Leadership and Directors are male, and the other 40% female. Because we are such a young company in terms of average employee age, no one has actually needed to take maternity leave. One colleague's wife gave birth, and he took off an afternoon, but I believe firmly that Fuzz would have given him time if he'd requested it off - especially if we could have planned around it.
Management is very male-dominated and not diverse, men are much more likely to be promoted. One major problem is that there are very few moms that have been promoted to a business development role.
I've worked here for 4 years across 2 offices and multiple sectors/industries. I believe that McKinsey is truly committed to creating an environment where everyone can succeed and thrive, including women. There are numerous programs that have been designed with flexibility in mind (these are open to both men and women) and the number of these programs has grown substantially since I joined the company. While consulting remains male dominated, there are certainly female role models and many male roles models and sponsors as well. One of my favorite "women friendly" things about McKinsey is our evaluation system, which I think takes a significant amount of bias out of reviews.