Companies have set their yearly goals — which often depend in part on hiring new talent — and hiring managers return to their desks with a renewed focus on identifying top candidates. However, with this influx of opportunity also comes a good deal of competition. How can you ensure that your job application will stand out to employers, and how can you cut through the noise to ensure the company you’re applying to actually treats women well?
At Fairygodboss, we know this time of year is critical for job seekers — which is why we’re making it easier than ever for you to connect with employers and make your next move. On Wednesday, Jan. 17, we’ll be hosting a day-long virtual career fair (yes, this means you can participate from your couch)… and if you’re ready to kick your career up a notch in 2018, here are 5 reasons you don’t want to miss out:
1. Our employer partners are on board with our mission to improve the workplace for women — so if you participate in the career fair, you’ll find opportunities at companies that are committed to gender diversity and to providing workplace flexibility.
2. You’ll be connected with recruiters from leading brands like Dell, Bank of America, Accenture, United Technologies, T-Mobile, Charles Schwab and Deloitte — all of whom are on a mission to hire top female talent. Super-charge your career by adding these major employer names to your resume, and take advantage of their amazing networks and benefits.
3. Tired of browsing job opportunities without knowing whether the positions may have expired? During our virtual career fair, you’ll be able to explore positions that are really and truly open — and you can apply directly to available opportunities!
4. You don’t need to go anywhere — in fact, all you’ll need is an internet connection. (There’s no need to download or install any software to participate!) The event is accessible from desktop, mobile and tablet devices.
5. Not in the job market right now? The best career advice we've ever gotten is that you should ALWAYS be browsing and sizing up options that might be right for you. So consider this a great opportunity to do some low-key virtual job browsing. Take this chance to see what else might be out there — without even needing to buy a new interview suit.
Register today — and get ready to actually cross off one of your 2018 resolutions!