I'm going to make this sweet and simple (otherwise, I'll have a breakdown).
1) I've been with (and layed off for 5 months) because of financial issues (it happens in small businesses) - started in 2015 with a spreadsheet of Clients and have since automated the entire organization - Then, end of 2016 - He had financial issues and had to lay me off - I stayed on 4 months and completed the installation of systems that would help him get back on his feet - When he did, mid 2018 - HE CALLED ME TO COME BACK!
2) During the time I was gone, let's just say, he had a baby with someone other than the one he was with for 9 years.
(Not my business, I know that and I support him no matter what, he's my boss).
3) His new girlfriend, not the baby's mother, started texting me. I have no issue with that, but I have majore boundries. Like "can you see if he's at "so and so" - Umm. NO!
4) He's borrowing money from her (what an idiot) and has been for quite some time - She's telling me this for what? I tell her she's an idiot. She's sweet, but her parents are loaded and I think I know where he's going with that....Again, not my business.
Now, here's my problem.
5) This is what's RIPPING ME APART!
He hired a woman that is very attractive (don't get me wrong, I can hold my own LOL!!! But we are of a different race). His 1st daughters monther is a beautiful African American woman, as is the 2nd - But the one he's with now, not at all. (I realize how high schoolish this sounds, but I'm not done).
Anyway, she has no skills. She's not held a job for more than 13 months which was "Contract" - No references. Skills include filing. Albeit, the best filing I've EVER seen! But who uses a calculator in Excel? And I quote "Accounting has nothing to do with financials" - As I continue to remain professional, to a T - I have installed every phone system, desktops, network, crm and all 3rd part apps that go along with it and logo design, WordPress, payroll etc...- You get the idea.
In 6 YEARS - I have worked NO LESS THAN 65+ HOURS a week! That is NO JOKE!
I got suspended for 4 days for the following.
1) I "caught wind" from someone (legit) that she is making 2.00 less than myself. (I'm great friends with payroll company owner - I didn't go searching). But he asked who my new boss was - I was like Huh?
2) There are 9 guys (men) that work there (construction), and each one has called me at LEAST 3 times each in the last month because the Mobile App is "screwing up" - She is ILLEGALLY DEDUCTING TIME FROM THEIR WEEKLY PAYROLL) - Also, I've been trying for 5 years to get a Mobile App installed for a variety of reasons - But always no, not now blah blah - POOF - It's installed - I went to the office and noticed she'd taped "instructions" on the board on how to use it - Well, it was WRONG! I removed that ONE piece of paper, wrote "wrong" on it and said (on the paper) I would send her the correct way to do it.
I got a text message the following morning asking "How could I do such a thing?" = I thought he'd texted someone else....
Then I was suspended for 4 days???? 1st off, I'm SALARY!
Again, I reiterate - I put in EVERY system they touch there. I have paperwork showing the hours I've put in (both home, the office and holidays) FOR 6 YEARS - She doesn't know ANY OF THEM!
Then I get suspended???
OMG - Someone please tell me I'm being pranked!
I need to run as fast as I can...…..
Is there not a law against this?
Browse recent posts
Hi, I'm currently looking for a part-time or contract work
My name is Naomi from Kenya, I'm a data/business analyst with 1 year of experience and I am looking for opportunities. The power of data is changing the business world, and that's the reason I am here.
2 Likes • 0 Comments
Hi I’m in the Bay Area and in a position where I can move.
I was laid off last month as an executive assistant. Is the Bay overrun now?
1 Like • 0 Comments
My heart is so conflicted as I've had a tempestuous relationship with a direct report since the beginning but tried to give him a chance.
While I was on vacation, he showed his true colors, didn't do any work for company leaders and forced my hand with HR. While I'm ready for him to leave, I hate that this needs to happen. I don't want to deal with him anymore and not looking forward to seeing him next week. Should I continue to meet with him or let the chips fall and then resume meetings if he stays the company.
0 Likes • 1 Comment
Colleague is not delivering and I'm going to have to request our supervisors get involved
A colleague I've been counting on to finish reports that are his responsibility to complete and send to our client is just not doing the work. I understand he may be overwhelmed and that the work is unpleasant, but it's been several weeks of him promising these two reports are on the way without any product to share. The client is starting to get antsy and wants a status meeting in two weeks. I've told him, he says it's on the way, and then nothing. I realize he's been with us for several months and hasn't had a review yet, but this is becoming a problem for me and standing in the way of my success.
I'm not one to go to managers and complain about anyone, but this time, I think I have to. What is the best way to do this without getting the guy fired? I know if his boss tells him to get moving on the reports and finish them asap, he'll know I said something.
1 Like • 2 Comments
Looking for ideas to create a positive work environment.
I was recently hired as the general manager of a large facility with a small staff (less than a dozen). Most of the staff have been there for years. Two are brother and sister. Two are husband and wife. Many are close friends. I'm an outsider hired into the organization in the top onsite management position. I've been warned by off-site management there will likely be pushback. I truly do want, need, and value their experience and knowledge! I don't have much of a budget to work with, so I cannot just offer them all raises. I'd like to create an environment that SHOWS them each they are valued. I will speak to them all with respect. I will verbalize their importance. But I'm hoping some of my FGB crew has some additional, possibly creative, ways that could help me join the team, as the leader, while making sure they all see that they are valued and respected.
2 Likes • 5 Comments
Heres my situation...I currently live in a sober house but am about to get kicked out due to a positive test for cocaine.
They are suggesting I go to a 28 day rehab. I don't want to get fired from my job. I dont qualify for FMLA since I haven't worked here a year yet. If I don't go to the rehab I will have to move to a shelter somewhere in the area I'm in to be able to get to work everyday. What should I do? How do I tell my boss I need 28- 30 days off for rehab? Or should I rough it out in a shelter for a bit until I can afford a place? I need some feedback. Im indecisive!