Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Alaska MLS, Inc. to join us.

McCormick Theological Seminary Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The women can be more difficult and inflexible to work for than the men in many cases. Careful not to prejudge the situation.

They are very flexible as long as it doesn't take too much time or begin to interfere with duties... of course, that is to be expected.

This is difficult to determine. I would like to improve my compensation along with another position of duties to justify an increase. this is not possible right now, so it's a kind of Win/lose situation as far as promotions, movement or compensation.

VIPdesk Connect Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The Founder and CEO is a woman! She is continually looking out for her employees' best interests.

90% of the employees work from home

Sugarbush Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Fun, flexible, teamwork, get mountain pass, great for outdoor lovers

General Atomics Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Leadership style is dictatorship. Opinions are not welcomed. You basically just do your job, (without training), and enter your work hours. There is no motivation at all. People are hired as temps, initially & some are hired permanently. The benefits are great, but the morale is extremely low.

Not for Hiring

Broadcom Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.3

There are very few women in Sr level technical roles, especially in product and technical marketing. I am unaware of any women in Sr Director, VP or SVP positions. Jokes and banter aimed at women are antiquated and hostile. When I returned from maternity leave, I was ridiculed for my "extended vacation" and asked about my post-pregnancy weight loss goals. It was the worst environment I could have imagined for maternity. Convenient/reasonable breastfeeding locations are not even provided anymore. I would never recommend that a woman join this company and I've worked here for 8 years. I am actively seeking new employment for these and many other reasons.

Olark Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked here for 3 years. Leadership has good intentions but poor followthrough. Ration of women to men is pretty skewed. Things improved as more women joined the company. There is no structure for advancement and performance reviews are not uniformly structured across the company. Parental leave policy is 12 weeks, but the company hasn't had to actually test it (no employees have needed to use it yet) and the details are sparse. Some of the employees can be crude/immature/are young men who act unprofessionally.

ThisWeek Community News Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 15 years and most of the women are in predominantly in support roles. The ratio of women to men is 70 percent men and 30 percent women. Women are NOT treated fairly as management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to have their voices heard. Most feedback falls on deaf ears. Suggestions by men get implemented while suggestions by women do not. Women are repeatedly passed over for promotion in favor of a less or non-qualified man. This has happened to me personally. I was passed over for promotion in favor of a less qualified man. I had years of leadership experience garnered from the military and this person (my current immediate boss) did not. Nor was he qualified in the digital content arena. His knowledge was only print. Yet he was elevated to Digital Managing Editor over me (the more qualified person) in 2010. Now I've had to put up with his ineptitude for 4 years (I spent one of those years deployed so that doesn't count 2011-2012). I have only stayed there since due to necessity. I cannot quit as I need what little money I get and I needed the health ins to pay for my recent knee surgery and recovery because the VA refused even though it was service-connected. My recovery is almost complete. I have one more checkup and I'll be released. So then I'll be free to quit this extremely toxic workplace for women and minorities to go somewhere where I will be able to utilize my leadership skills, contribute to the mission/big picture, make a difference and have job and life satisfaction. Nothing will change here. It is most certainly a dead end. No opportunity for growth, no perks, no work-balance (I work 70 hrs a week and get paid for 40). I know as a combat veteran I deserve better!

CMFG Life Insurance Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Many women in support roles. Good number of women in middle management. Few women executives. Maternity leave is paid via short term disability for 6 weeks with a 15 day waiting period and at 70% of your salary. The rest is paid via using sick or vacation time or unpaid via fmla. They have newly renovated mothers rooms for pumping when going back to work.

Pathology Associates Medical Laboratories Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Predominantly women in the Billing Dept, including Management. Lots of opportunities for career growth. Haven't taken maternity leave yet but I do know the time is taken first from your vacation banks as WA state laws allow. Have to be employed there for a year first before FMLA can be used.

Yesmail Interactive Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

After working there for many years, I watched more male colleagues get promoted than females. Many of the women were relegated to being worker-bees. Yes, there are some instances of deviation but not many.