America Votes

americavotes.org/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at America Votes to join us.

Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Individuals need to protect themselves because the culture can be quite hostile if you speak up

Support subject matter experts. Senior leaders must prop up mid-level managers to encourage people to be courageous and allow an environment that fosters open dialogue and collaborative decision making for the best interest of the organization.

Maybe. Culture has been identified as needing change, but some have not fully bought in. Depending on the position you are considering.

Rosenberg & Manente, PLLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Don't

Although they claim a family like environment and flexibility, any concessions are viewed as favors, regardless of work quality or dedication.

Pivotal Software, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very male, dominated, political and cut-throat environment where women are very rarely given the freedom to lead initiatives.

Nebraska Furniture Mart Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

That its a hard wired culture and doesn't development plans or growth options, compensation is low for the amount of hats you'll be required to wear. The management level is mostly older men and that won't be changing in near future. If you're looking for a progressive, fast pace, high paying job--you won't find it here. If you want something stable, with good benefits, family oriented...then it could be a good fit. It all depends on what department and who you get for a manager.

Maybe. The company as a whole is great. They have great benefits, family atmosphere, charitable, some flexibility, employee discounts, job security. But the cons are that they are very old school, not innovative, old processes, very slow moving, under staffed and overworked, management is comprised of mostly older men and they don't trust their employees to do their jobs. They believe in doing something after it has already been done and getting outside opinions. They promote men and the pay is well under the average salary ranges for similar jobs in the Midwest area.

European Molecular Biology Laboratory Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2016

PhD student at EMBL: I think it greatly depends on your supervisor but work/life balance was really tough. Good maternity leave and family allowance

Dog and Rooster, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great environment for women. Lot's of opportunity to learn and move around and try new things. There's plenty to do.

AVG Technologies Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

From my experience it seems that there's just not enough awareness to women's rights and no effort to promote women at all. Consequently, women are usually stuck in middle management at best, higher management is 100% white men...

Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

My prior job was at Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman and Dicker, a national law firm, where I worked for 2 years. Even though lip service was given to diversity, there are currently 7 women attorneys and 25 men attorneys in the office in a western U.S. city where I worked. The culture was male dominated, with all of the subtle and not so subtle characteristics that come with a traditional caste system. The office where I worked was originally formed by the merger of a male partner from one firm, along with his lackeys, and a male partner who left another firm, taking a large book of business and male and associates who were elevated to partner level at the new merged firm. During my time there, the heads of the two seminal groups were always at odds. After I left, one of the two original founding partners of the office was ousted. He is the partner who had hired me. He was replaced by a female partner, so things may have improved for the women lawyers, but I doubt it. During my tenure, the most powerful equity partner, who had not hired me, was a total bully who lacked communication skills. Other male attorneys cow-towed to him even while he was publicly mistreating female associates. The bully partner did not hesitate to berate female associates in public emails. Overall, there was a lack of leadership in the office. The firm has a 401K but no matching. About 180 hours billable per month were required, which is not terribly high but not as low as at some firms where I have worked. Overall, from a female perspective, the experience was a nightmare. I cannot speak for the male attorneys there.

Maybe. I would recommend this company only if you never plan to have children or if so, if your spouse will take over the lion's share of home responsibilities.

NetApp Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 2+ years. There are a lot of women in the rank-and-file, but only 2-3 in senior executive positions. They just seem to stop getting promoted / hired somewhere up the chain.

BAS Analytics Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2015

I worked there for a year and 6 months in I could find no career path internally. It had nothing to do with being female, there just wasn't a lot of career growth options.