American Express Company https://www.americanexpress.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about American Express Company?
Fortunamajor85 Product Manager

In marketing, there are overwhelmingly more women than there are men at the entry to mid-senior levels. Amex in general is known for its flexibility and friendly work culture. Compared to other traditional financial services, there are also more female senior leaders (GM, SVPs). However, I would like to see more women at the very top echelon of the company (C-level and Board Members).

shefroggies Senior Manager

Overall family friendly, but it does depend on the team and leader.

12 weeks is paid (6 weeks salary continuation, 6 weeks parental leave). Can take additional time off using PTO.
TBD

Very flexible and understanding about work/life balance but also challenging and a great career options.

I was able to add vacation / sick time to the end of my 14 weeks (this is leader dependent) so I was able to take a total of 18 weeks
Lady tmoney Marketing Manager, Card Marketing

This company is a great place for women. Filled with lots of smart, ambitious women who are balancing work/life issues.

Lady Anniebee

Women are treated equally for promotions. There are still more male senior executives but it does seem like the company is devoting major efforts to promote women leadership and career success.

Madam anon688 OPEN

I've worked here for 9 months after working at a consulting firm previously. There are SO many women here, it is almost overwhelming. My team is currently 80% women, and that is not uncommon. From what I hear, the parental leave policy is strong, and there is a big focus on work / life balance. However, the healthcare plans are truly sub-par and the environment can be very political-- more about who you know than about the quality of the work you do.

Lady anon658 World Service Learning Network

My department has many women in upper management but my field is predominately female. I'm not sure if the it's the same for other departments.

I think it depends on what Department you work in
Lady Momwhowantsitall

It is a great company, and one you can grow at. However, with the changing leadership and times, the roatating roles that were advertised are much harder to secure, though still prevalent. The culture is very supportive of bringing your "whole self" to work, but it is still hard to manage it all since it is still a large organization with forced curves, etc.

Lady sassy56

Great people, excellent benefits, good pay.

Lady Chloe

I have worked here for 15 years and most of my managers have been men. Management is male dominated and mostly not from US.

Women Review American Express Company for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of American Express Company by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.9 stars, based on 28 reviews Company Website Fortunamajor85 shefroggies TBD Lady tmoney Lady Anniebee Madam anon688 Lady anon658 Lady Momwhowantsitall Lady sassy56 Lady Chloe