Anacostia Rail Holdings Company

www.anacostia.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Anacostia Rail Holdings Company to join us.

Otis Elevator Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be prepared to ask for what you are worth. Don't expect the owners to just give it to you. You have to be proactive and assertive. This is true for men as well.

Actually, my biggest problem with my current employer is that I do not agree with critical organizational decisions that are being made, primarily in the area of professionalism and ethics.

One.com Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

a culture of boys that will not be changed as the leaders are deeply bought into it and that is how they grew up with

Library of Congress Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very supportive environment where administration makes sure you have what you need and help you explore your potential.

GenRealty Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The work environment can be quite hostile and enforces archaic viewpoints of gender roles in the workplace: women are best used for administrative tasks while the men make decisions.

Relationships Australia - Western Australia Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

Be wary, honest with yourself about the reality of the emp

Marchex Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked here for a short time and found that my colleagues were pretty kind and fun to work with, though they often "didn't hear" my voice when I asked for things or tried to take initiative. I often felt invisible in that sense.

New Visions for Public Schools Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Even in a field chock full of accomplished women, those at the top--and earning the highest salaries--still seem to be men. This is still the case at NVPS, where the law-firm style boys' club still dominates the organization's personality. A few of the higher-ranking women seem keen to mentor women who are earlier in their careers, but that's the exception.

Planned Parenthood Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

It really depends if you work for the national office or an affiliate. Most of the affiliates have no paid maternity leave or fertility benefits.

Henderson County, North Carolina Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a county based EMS (emergency medical service) and you would expect some protection working for a government entity. Think again! I was 29, married and ready to expand my family. My husband and I sat down with our finances and my medical records and decided we wanted to start to try for a baby. I saw all of my doctors the following weeks to prepare them and myself for pregnancy. I contact my health insurance company to find out how much in deductible and co-insurance we would owe. We waited an additional month to mull over the idea of becoming parents. Then we tried, and bam, first try! I was pregnant. I am a county paramedic with heavy lifting, stressful situations, and possible physical danger. Other women where I work were able to get whatever accommodations they had asked for in the past, however, we now had a new boss. I was a high risk pregnancy from the start because of some medical conditions. Little did I know that after I went off the truck (ambulance) and into light duty (safe desk job), I would only get 4 weeks. Despite the 8 ft high by 12 ft across stack of boxes that needed to be sorted, I was told there was no more light duty left for me and sent home and told to consider the 4 weeks a gift since I was originally going to be given 3 weeks. I went off the ambulance at 23 weeks and I left work altogether at 27 weeks. I had only requested a total of 12 weeks of light duty and I knew there was plenty to be done. I was denied the additional 8 weeks, and told that my FMLA will run out shortly after the baby gets here and I may lose my job all together. Additionally, if I wanted to keep my job, I better get back to work as soon as possible to not "force" them into replacing me. This was their accommodation to me. I ended up very sick and in the ICU after my pregnancy. I feel the added stress of possibly losing my job played a roll in my seriously bad pregnancy. Although my husband and I consulted everyone we could think of before trying to get pregnant, apparently we forgot to ask my boss if it was a good time for him. I foolishly assumed since the other women had accommodations, I would too. I was wrong. We consulted 2 attorneys who basically said in North Carolina it is a right to hire/right to fire state and they can do whatever they want. After my son was born 5 weeks premature and in the NICU and the doctors and nurses had heroically saved my life, I decided to forget putting my company first and run the risk of losing my job and stay out the full 3 months for a total of 20 weeks without pay, a serious financial blow to my family with a new baby. I had now taken the "full" 12 weeks other women had (under FMLA) with my newborn before placing him in daycare, though thankfully my parents helped out and daycare was not often needed. I eventually went part time there, and now a full time mom, but that is only because we can afford to do that with my husbands salary now. I am a lucky person to be able to do that. Some are not so lucky and I feel their pain.

Wilton Brands Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They fail time and time again to promote from within. Employee turn over is extremely high and the company isn't willing to fight to keep the good employees. The "perks" around here are a joke (free water bottles and pizza parties). The company refuses to address the depressed culture.