While Apple has good intention on the family-friendly and treating women & men equally, but it often does not happen at first level managers level.

Depends on the group and manager
clevervgirl

I would say that your experience here can vary widely depending on your particular area. I work in a group where I am respected and considered a leader. I believe my pay is on par with my male counterparts, and my work is valued. I have been in other groups where this is not exactly the case, and I know of other women in my area (and in other groups) who are living another experience. Be sure to speak up for yourself, build a support system in other groups and have the confidence to toot your own horn. Without the ability to self-promote, you can find yourself left behind.

Starlight

Overall Apple is a pretty decent place to work - the good times outweigh the bad in the 13 years I've been here. I've worked at some truly attrocious places and comparitively, this place is a dream palace, but it has issues and I will not overlook those. If you come to work here, be prepared to fight for what you deserve and don't back down.

Different departments experience different levels of equality and sometimes it depends totally on the management. I've had great experiences and was treated well with seemingly decent pay. Though the latter is debatable after seeing my husband go through the same groups I did, a few years after I did, while getting raises 4% higher than my highest raises with exceeding expectations on every review. There are managers within Apple who are very misogynistic and are also high up in the chain of command. It's either difficult to get rid of people like this or they don’t try very hard unfortunately. One such manager asked my husband, who also works for Apple as a manager, if he married “above his pay grade”. Not only is this question wholly inappropriate and very good ole boy network style, but it's as if my looks are more important than anything else about me. This same higher manager has discriminated against women and gay men in his group and women in particular have had to be removed to other areas of the company and he is still somehow in charge of an entire group. Disgusting. In my current area, there are few women and for a long time I was one of two. My pay is lower than nearly everyone else I have been working with (all guys at the time) including new people to the team who were hired four years after me. I now make what the new people being hired to the team make five years later, while people hired one year after me are making literally tens of thousands more than me. Going to HR would result in intimidation from the higher bosses of this area and I need my job. Moving jobs is not an option at the moment though I've been looking. I've been called hostile for being passionate about things, told I talk too much, I’m too quirky to speak in meetings that I lead, aggressive, bitchy, and that I shouldn’t complain when I’m being mansplained - all the feminist tropes. The mansplaining complaint was put through management and passed along to the employee doing it most egregiously. He then mansplained on my review how I should be open to being mansplained and shouldn’t take it as an offense. Also, I’m not the mom type while at work and since I'm a mom at home that is looked down upon. I work with grown ass men, they can make their own cookies and take care of themselves.
anon1807 Expert

The quality of fairness in promotion and compensation varies from store to store, but largely you won't find women in the higher to highest levels of leadership.

Madame Ovary

Good place to be a woman, and getting better, expecially in top leaership postions

techyfixergal Engineering

Tech can be tough for women....Apple is no exception - being reprimanded for tone or coming across too strongly is too frequent - male counterparts do not have this lens to work under

The culture is very unique - some areas (outside of Engineering and Operations) may lean more toward gender neutrality - would advise to consider position, reporting structure and initial compensation and RSU upfront and negotiate firmly
competency and proficiency in roles is not always number one requirement - this can lead to frustration for the competent - who may then be seen as problematic- alliances are called out as critical - though until you have established them and "assimilated" your view may be seen as confrontational
Cuddles Senior Mac Expert, Customer Service

The flexibility is good but the pay is not a living wage for someone who is single or has a family.

The pay is not a living wage.

Nothing

Nothing

I've never thought that someone was getting treated better because they were male. Some of the other women at work may say differently, but I don't think that this is down to them being female. It's down to a lack of respect for their ability to do the job - and other men who are unable to do their job will also experience a lack of respect too. There are often female warriors at work who preach the feminist battle - but it's important for them to recognise their own shortfalls before blaming it on them being female.

It's hard for me to say given that I work in the Retail side of the company. I'm not hugely interested in continuing in Retail. However, I want to stay with the company. So whilst there isn't much they can do in my current role, it doesn't mean I'm necessarily happy about it.

Women Review Apple for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Apple by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

4 stars, based on 76 reviews Company Website Anonymous - 11336 Anonymous - 11330 Anonymous - 11329 Anonymous - 10035 Anonymous - 9379 Anonymous - 9002 Anonymous - 8838 Anonymous - 7691 Anonymous - 7690 Anonymous - 7646