Athena Capital Advisors

www.athenacapital.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Athena Capital Advisors to join us.

Spongecell Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Maternity leave could definitely be longer. Younger employees so there aren't that many with kids - mostly management. Flexibility on hours, etc. would be worked out with your manager.

CEO is a butts in seats guy, likes people being in the office. So I'd feel like I generally needed to be in the office though if there was a child related appointment, etc. it was no problem to work from home or arrive late/leave early. Fast paced culture and sales/client services/etc. may need to be available outside normal work schedule but that's why there's some flexibility schedule wise if you work it out with your manager.

Duval County Public Schools Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Education is a predominantly female field, with the exception of the highest leaders (superintendents, government level leaders) and as such I think the profession as a whole is treated with less respect and pay is also reflective of that. Within the environment, men and women are treated equally.

I have not yet taken maternity leave, but while I have 12 weeks that I can take and keep my position, I anticipate only being able to afford 4 weeks. Not only are we unpaid during our maternity leave, but we have to cover the cost of our insurance while we aren't working - having just added another dependent!

The state of education in general needs major reform. We need a paradigm shift from the state level as well as the federal level, to make education more student focused - less testing based, and accountability should be appropriately redistributed and balanced. Districts then could have more freedom to focus on what really matters and I believe education would flourish. Until then,I'm not sure there's much my district could do that would make me more satisfied in my work.

Keller Williams Realty Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you are tired of false promises about growth opportunities, this is not the place for you.

Junior Achievement Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Maternity leave is considered short-term disability and the policy is archaic.

First Quantum Minerals Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Yes. The compensation is better than most organisation

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Seed Savers Exchange Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at this company for 4 years and moved between roles - all of the moves lateral in terms of autonomy although they involved increased responsibility and higher pay grades. A male coworker hired at the same time went from a similar pay/status level in the organization to running an entire department in 2 years after his female manager left. In my time there the management team went from having about a 50/50 ratio of men and women to just 2 women and 7 men, despite the employee base leaning much more heavily towards women. When women tended to leave jobs, men were promoted into their roles from within. However, when men left management positions, other men were hired from outside the organization to fill the roles. Rather than train female employees in tractor driving, they often looked to hire new male employees. Male field crew workers make comments about a woman's ability to work and managers are sometimes dismissive of complaints about "joking behavior." In my time there I knew of only one female employee who took maternity leave and returned from it - others simply quit their jobs when they got pregnant or went on leave.

Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've been very happy, both with the project I am working on and with the people I am working with. However, there seems to be a fair about of 'unconscious' bias at work here. There are 10 independent faculty members only 1 of them is female, and she seems to do the lion's share of the 'care taking' in terms of organizing social events and emotional support of newer faculty. While at lower levels in the research team the ratio female to male is very different( Instructor 1:2; Postdoc 1:1; Research Assistant 7:10). Invited lectures have also been predominately male (19/20 invited speakers were at the annual symposium over the lat 4 years). There are a number of subtle factors at play here, but because the people in charge of recruiting are scientists, they believe they are operation without bias. Suggestions of unconscious bias playing a role have been met (in the past) with anger and derision.

Bloomberg Law Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
1.3

I worked there for 5 years when it was still in the early/building phase of Bloomberg Law. As one of the divisions of Bloomberg there was a lot of turn over -- both with the staff and with the management, including senior management. It made for an unstable work environment. When they fired for cause, it was done as a concerted effort to find fault with even the least issue and poorly executed. In addition, often each department was forced to fire or put a certain number of employees on a "performance plan" as a lead to firing the employee. When they began to do this about 4-5 years ago, many people left -- the majority of whom were women.

United States Department Of Agriculture Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

After 5 years working -its obvious- There is no transparency on maternity leave. Most men and women have no idea what their leave policy is because its not discussed openly. Most people often don't get their full benefits. There is not paid leave for maternity per say- all leave is health related of self or family is under FLMA here for max of 12 weeks per revolving flma year. So you have to save time for years if you want paid leave for maternity basically because without saved time you are unpaid for leave. That means vacations, sick leave use etc come from the same time you have banked.

Taproot Foundation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2015