Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Autonomic Technologies to join us.

Wallace Engineering Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2018

I think they treat women employees pretty well. The percentage of women engineers is higher than most.

Civic Builders, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The leadership team responds well to direct feedback. "This particular thing is what doesn't work for me." Often, you have to drill down and be specific, but I have seen make changes when you are willing to point at a particular issue or instance and say "that should be different".

Facetime is very important in this job, and there is a strong bias against telecommuting that limits the true amount of "flexibility" that can be offered.

Goldberg Kohn Ltd. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I think this is a great firm but a little old fashioned. The partners are very open to change and are actively looking for ways to promote more women.

Flexport Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Its a startup, so expect long hours.

Southwest Florida Water Management District Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

As a government agency, this is a great place to work if you're looking for work/life balance. The leave and medical benefits are very good. As a working mom, I'm able to balance working 40 hours a week and taking time off when I need or want to.

I was able to use accrued annual and sick leave for my maternity leave therefore I didn't have to go unpaid.

Tango Card, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a great place to work if you want to have an influential role in a young fast growing startup. But like many startups, it falls short of creating a level playing field for women because it lacks a performance review process. Perceptions of job performance can be subjective and based on favoritism. There is no diversity awareness training because "we don't have the resources" and I worry that bias goes unchecked. Also, many of the management team are first-time managers and make leadership mistakes accordingly. As a technology company, there are few women which can feel isolating for the existing women at the company. In part, this is because the majority of our employees come through referrals and people refer their male friends. On the plus side, the culture is laid back and fun. The departments are tight-knit and the mentality is "we're all in this together." The company is also accommodating for personal and family emergencies. In most roles, if you need to leave early to pick your kids up from school it's no problem (our CEO often does with his kids). You can also work from home whenever you want and so long as you get your work done, no one cares. The exception to this is roles in customer service since you do have to be in the office to answer support calls during set business hours. There is room for growth in entry level positions but not really for mid-career positions. This is partly due to the small size and early nature of the company. As the company grows, I hope that changes but I'm concerned that unconscious bias could make it harder for women to rise in the ranks as positions open up. With the exception of the CFO, all management is male and have stay at home wives. I think this contributes to underlying beliefs that women will be less committed to their jobs when they have kids.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

We just surpassed 50 employees so now FMLA kicks in for maternity leave. But this is still unpaid.

Cedarbrook Lodge Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

women are treated fairly, however know before going into hospitality that pay is lower across the board than in other industries. Maternity leave is not paid, however if you have any accrued holiday or sick time you can use all of that. 3 months off is what you get.

Bankers Life Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It can be both challenging and rewarding.

Laureate Education, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This company favors the "work-aholic" type. Advancement within a position takes years to achieve, and the raises that accompany promotions are dismal and insulting. In higher level roles you are expected to always be available via phone or email so there is little down time, and a very poor work/life balance. There are many women in leadership roles which is a great thing to see. Turnover is also high here. I did work with a woman who had a child and upon returning from maternity leave, had been stripped of her management duties. Her title and pay did not change, but she no longer had any decision making abilities and her staff that had reported to her now reported to her supervisor, who was also a woman.

AP Staffing Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2015

I wish I had known prior to getting pregnant what the maternity leave policy was - better yet, I wish I had known whether or not one even existed. They put one in place a few months before I had my daughter and they offered 6 weeks of 60% of my base salary and 6 weeks unpaid. Had I known that I would receive such little pay, I would have planned better and put more into savings. Otherwise, this company treats their women the same, if not better, than the men. We are paid equally but have a lot more flexibility with out schedules.