BAE Systems www.baesystems.com

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about BAE Systems?
Seab76 Senior Project Control Analyst

I work in one particular site in the UK which is historically very male orientated, but think this is better at other sites.

Good policy of paid and unpaid leave and incentives to return to work earlier.
Improve existing male orientated culture
Lady LadyLady123 Technology Solutions

BAE has worked hard over the last 5 years to improve the environment for women, and has made progress. However, it is still a place where women are in the minority, and where unconscious, and sometime conscious, bias rules. Participants at the unconscious bias training mandated for managers that I attended very explicitly stated that they didn't believe in the concept, and thought that it was simply a way to encourage quotas. In coaching sessions, women are encouraged to tolerate "top gun" behavior by a small number colleagues - because those are the "high energy" people that have management's ear. On the flip side, most colleagues are smart, and friendly once you get to know them.

Lady Hyacinth

As with most organizations, advancement beyond middle management ranks is more difficult here for women than for men. While there is strong emphasis on ethical conduct, there is an almost astounding lack of awareness about how skewed the assessment of potential and performance is toward men. The company's flexible work arrangements are very good but still in many pockets one is viewed as uncommitted if actually leveraging them, and there are the usual concerns about impact on advancement opportunity. Maternity leave appears to be well-accommodated but re-entry is not always the easiest. Benefits overall are good, colleagues well-meaning and good people, and I've been impressed with everyone's dedication to whatever part they play in the company's mission. Women in leadership roles...there are a few, and the company seems committed to improving their demographics.

Contingent upon their career objectives
Lady Happy Operations

That there are challenges to advancement.

Depends on what function they work in
Madam Watts Laborer

I wouldnt recommend this place for women.

Not alot of african american women in corporate office.
Lady RedPoppy Sr. Software Engineer, Engineering

My experience has shown me that those who do work will always be the ones doing all the work while those who don't aren't expected to nor is the problem addressed. As a person with no kids it seems like I'm expected to make up for those who have outside family obligations.

Lady wanderlust

I

Madam anon357

I worked there for five years and the company was a travesty to work for since they hired Linda Hudson. You would think having a woman CEO who is a mom would make it a better company for work/life balance but it didn't. They keep restructuring departments, giving more work to the people who manage not to get laid off and have a general loss of direction, so it's hard to support management or believe in the company. I worked directly in both the CEO's office and for the heads of a business unit.

Lady GG

Men are still the bigger bread winners.

Lady rere32

I agree with the lack of females in leadership positions. However, the ones who are in leadership positions seems to receive little support from upper management.

Women Review BAE Systems for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of BAE Systems by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

2.3 stars, based on 15 reviews Company Website Seab76 Lady LadyLady123 Lady Hyacinth Lady Happy Madam Watts Lady RedPoppy Lady wanderlust Madam anon357 Lady GG Lady rere32