BAE Systems www.baesystems.com

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about BAE Systems?
Lady rere32

I agree with the lack of females in leadership positions. However, the ones who are in leadership positions seems to receive little support from upper management.

Lady Baja Engineering

There is a lot of unacknowledged gender bias here you will have to overcome to succeed. Your experience will be determined by the group you work with.

Depends on department and manager
Lady Barbie

Women are mainly in support roles-it's a male dominated company. Very little encouragement by the company to advance-some have been in the same role for over 20 years.

Lady Munchkins

Given the size of the company, any individual's experience will be shaped largely by your manager and program areas in which you work. Although the company promotes diversity, etc., it is still very much a male dominated environment. This is perhaps inherent to the industry to a degree.

Lady WhiteUnicorn

It was great when I first started working here and did not have kids. After having a child, I was immediately put on the "mommy track," which means no advancement indefinitely. After being here for 7 years without a promotion and subpar raises, I watch my income shrink while my male colleagues climb the ladder. As soon as you talk about leaving because of the lack of advancement opportunities, you are pulled in an office and told how valuable you are and that you will be advanced only to find yourself in the same spot next time promotions are handed out. If you are a mother, expect long hours away from your kids. That flexible work schedule is not very flexible and 10 hour work days (1 hr for lunch) are mandatory, since we are on a 9/80 schedule company wide. Expect that anything you do for your family that takes away time from the workplace will be frowned upon...unless you are male...then you are looked at as such a "great father."

Lady anon355 Sr sales Mgr, Sales

Its a very cut throat company who has people in management who shouldn't be there and woman in positions who, shall we say, got their position by other means other than their business sense.

Women Review BAE Systems for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of BAE Systems by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

2.3 stars, based on 16 reviews Company Website Lady rere32 Lady Baja Lady Barbie Lady Munchkins Lady WhiteUnicorn Lady anon355