Bank of America Corporation https://www.bankofamerica.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Bank of America Corporation?
NYCSunshine Vice President (VP)

In some aspects the company is efficient and exciting but in it is also very beaurocratic and poltical; getting work done and receiving proper reward/recognition can be difficult - short-sighted cost cutting comes at a great expense.

depends on the department, position and career goals

Overall I think there are strong woman and family friend pollicies but the ability to use them and feel confidenct that your career growth will not be stiffled is very depedent on the team.

This was recently increased to 16 weeks.
With any large organization, I think the culture can change dramatically across teams and largely is dependent on your manager and executive team.

depends on the opportunity and the pay

Flexiblity dependand on group and manager. Culture is still plagued by concerns of "when is the next round of layoffs".

The benefits are very good including parental leave, elder care assistance, etc., however, it's such a large employer, it can be difficult to network, find mentors, and move around for your career.

Bank of America Merrill Lynch is such a large employer, experiences for women may vary wildly among different departments in the company.
anon1566 Portfolio Management Officer, Global Commercial Banking

I think flexibility and work/life balance can be location-specific. I have a very laid back manager who respects the demands of parenthood and encourages people to communicate honestly with him.

Bank of America has a fairly generous maternity leave policy.
anon7956 Financial Advisor

Merrill Lynch is still a boys club. Management refuses to acknowledge this and give women the resources, pay, or access to level the playing field.

I worked at the Company early in my career so the best aspects about working at the company include: - career development opportunities - career advancement opportunities - good colleagues - good HR - good salary and benefits

I was an Equity Research Associate within the Bank's investment banking division in 2004. The job itself was great, the compensation was fair, and the corporate office location was in a beautiful high rise overlooking mid-town Manhattan and Central Park. The hours could be long during corporate earnings season but overall, the work-life balance was decent given the nature of the job and its association with the capital markets. While I had personal challenges with my direct boss, my colleagues and other Bank staff were very congenial and helpful. Overall, I'd recommend the Company as a great place for career development and advancement within financial services.
MammaTee

The only reason I work for this company is for the medical insurance.

I will be taking maternity leave in September and most likely only 6 unpaid weeks. My due date is September 14th and my consecutive one year of service is September 28th. Although, I have two+ years of service with the company from a prior employment period it has not been decided if that will be counted.
Girlwithabrew

Communicating with your immediate supervisor about your needs for your work/family life is key.

Most of our benefits are pretty awesome and most of management is understanding and flexible when crearing your work/life balance.

Women Review Bank of America Corporation for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Bank of America Corporation by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.2 stars, based on 45 reviews Company Website NYCSunshine anon1621 anon1566 anon7956 anon1465 MammaTee Girlwithabrew