Bank of America Corporation

None

Lady None

FCOM

Financial Center

Amazing company to work for!! They truely care about their employees. I am a woman manager and my fcm is a woman they hire based on qualifications not gender.

Lady Lady Wonder

PB

Retail Banking

Women are treated unfairly compared to men, it is blatantly clear and there's no one to go to about it. Everyone turns a blind eye. Women work 10 times harder and do not receive the recognition or reward for their hard work. Men get paid and promoted faster than women

Lady sorry to go

Assignment unit

Its a good company and you can move up or around but not so stable long term job wise. Laid off after 18 years.

but watch for lay offs I was after 18 years

Lady ParisLady

Financial Center operations manager

The typical big corporation company. They say that there is a balance between life and work but that is easier said than done. You are made to feel guilty whether you are a woman or a man if you have to take time off that is absolutely necessary. Some men have been promoted within the company by skipping steps where I have seen and been a part of promotions where extensive interviews and testing are required. I have never witnessed a woman being promoted by skipping steps. I have witnessed perfectly trained and more than capable woman passed by for promotions and people outside the company have been hired who have no banking experience. Yes it is nice to have holidays off with your kids but really it's not worth all the headaches and how unappreciated you feel at the end of everyday.

Lady Not4me

U need to b able to function under high stress

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Depends on employee dire need

Technology & Operations

Even though some of the top Tech Execs are women, Technology & Operations is predominantly a male organization. Middle managers are judged on their ability to deliver on time and on budget, not on their commitment to diversity. Therefore, they rely on the "old boys" network to get a "body" into an open position as fast as possible. My team has over 25 Senior VP's, and only 1 of those is female. Women who advance to Exec levels appear to have made the choice to dedicate themselves to a career (I heard someone refer to an Exec by saying, "Bank of America is her religion") as opposed to women lower in the Org who appear to attempt a balance of work and family.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

BAC seems to be committed to diversity & inclusion on paper, but it is not tied to Middle Manager's performance. Therefore, your career happiness is very tied to who your manager is and your relationship with them.

Escada Girl

Face time and immense politics - typical of a Bank but unusually so.

Yes - Because its a great name on your resume

Madam boss07

IT Manager

There are corporate policies and initiatives focused on developing women and supporting balanced life for employees.

Lady of grace and B.S.

Sr Project Manager

Global Tech & Ops

I've worked here for 10+ years. There are a lot of successful women who work in my area - including myself to a certain extent. However, there is a ceiling...and only those women with strong male sponsors break thru the ceiling. Cute, young, sassy women have no problem establishing that strong sponsorship but one little misstep seems to be detrimental. Re-orgs are fast and furious - you can be on top of your game one week and the next week you'll be reporting to a peer. I call it the 6-month humiliation factor....about every 6-months your situation will change and you have to suffer the humiliation of some sort of setback. Lay-offs are fast and furious too. A favorite co-worker will be working on your project one day and the next day they just disappear. No one talks about people disappearing. There is a constant fear of being laid off - and it causes this dynamic, I call it the 'looky-looky' dynamic. This is where everyone is walking all over everyone else to prove their worth. "looky-looky what I did - I'm better than Joey and Janey". Introverts have a hard time here. You have to play into the "looky-looky" or you just aren't noticed. Hard work, good work don't mean much - it's all about the politics. So why do I stay? Benefits and flexibility. But that is changing. Bank is eliminating the flexible My Work program and calling everyone back into the office (but there is no real estate or parking available...but that doesn't seem to matter). Bank is also following every other large corporation in scaling back on benefits. 4 weeks of vacation plus 10 bank holidays and 10 'sick' days is still wonderful....I look for it to go away soon too!

• Recent Bonus (USD)

if you can deal with the politics, go for it

Women Review Bank of America Corporation for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Bank of America Corporation by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

stars, based on 50 reviews Company Website Madam anon1025 Lady None Lady Lady Wonder Lady sorry to go Lady ParisLady Lady Not4me Lady anon859 Escada Girl Madam boss07 Lady of grace and B.S.