Bank of America Corporation

Lady Liaa22

Teller

Banking

There are more women then men working for Bank of America

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Management is male dominated. You'll find women at the Exec level, but overall, women make up a majority of the support roles. Maternity leave is generous. However, there is an underlying current of fear when considering time off. They are doing away with being able to work from home. Calling everyone back to the cube farms without monetary compensation. Raises have not occurred in years.

Lady PONB

1) Consistent and ongoing re-organizations cause a great deal of stress. You do not know from day to day if you will have a job, if your career plans will be thwarted, or if you will be re-assigned to a position that is not a fit. 2) While BAC executive leadership readily and continually re-org and re-assign employees to new roles, it has become very difficult to seek out and secure new opportunities via your own efforts. Many of the candidates that have filled positions were preselected even before the role was posted. Job postings have become nothing more than legal CYA. 3) I have worked for BAC for 17 years. When I first started we were referred to as "colleagues". That changed to "associates" around 2005. It changed to "employees" in 2012. This very deliberate and calculated change speaks volumes about the current culture and is experienced in how we "employees" are regarded/treated.

Lady DogMom

Marketing

Negotiate best you can when you get hired because raises barely exist even if you are a top performer and don't keep up with cost of living. I want to believe men and women are treated fairly we have women in senior roles but next levels down seem more like boys clubs when promotions come around. Bonus are usually flat to year prior at best, while they tell you they are on performance I haven't seen it.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

yes just expect to stay where you are not much to move up

Lady codegeek

Consultant - Apps Programming

Client Facing Platforms Technology

Don't expect to get promoted to any sort of management role in technology. It is 90% male dominated. They talk a lot about diversity and inclusion, but fail to put women in leadership. Paid maternity leave is new and offers up to 12 weeks - which would have been nice when I had my child 7 years ago. I had to take FMLA leave (unpaid) and am still resentful about having to go back to work so soon, but at least I still had my job when I got back. My managers are great, but they have very little control over promotions and pay raises.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Only if you're coming in as a high-level exec

Lady IndianPipe

Analyst

nada

Madam Duck

Business Tech Analyst

IT

Since I needed maternity leave, it has increased to 12 Paid Weeks for mother AND father. I've been gone a couple years, but when I left flexible work arrangements were an option depending on your job role. I was able to work remotely which allowed me to have a babysitter within minutes of my home instead of a significant daily commute. The vacation/holiday/sick leave was some of the best I've come across as well. Of course depending on your direct manager, you may come across someone who is less progressive than the company intends, but for the most part I had a wonderful experience there.

Lady Amaze123

IT Engineer

The money isn't worth it, even for a short period of time. Keep looking and get experience at a place that treats you like a human being. It felt and smelled like a corporate level sweatshop. Imagine yourself in a dark windowless room for 9 hours a day, just looking at a computer screen, hoping you're doing the right thing, because there's little to no transparency or direction on projects. You start working on a project, feel like you're getting traction, only to have some Exec pull the rug out from underneath you, so you switch direction and go 100mph at something else instead, and even then you might not be doing the right thing. Not sure? Don't worry your project manager will let you know in front of everyone tomorrow at your morning standup. 1) Boys Club Culture - even the women "played the game" in order to get ahead. It was really sad. No real support from any women in power positions. 2) Visa workers really hurt the work culture because they are just happy to have a job in America, they put up with anything. The visa workers would come in ridiculously early, work late, work weekends unpaid, work in inhumane conditions, get shouted down by managers and still come back with a smile on their face. 3) Zero on-boarding or training to get you oriented, they just throw you in and you have to figure it out. 5) Lack of management support or guidance - you only saw them when things were going wrong. 6) Maternity leave is a bait and switch - they tease you with 3 months paid leave, you have to wait a full working year to even qualify for it, if you're not laid off when they re-do budgets every year.

Relationship Banker

Selling is all they are interested in. No matter what roll you have with them. All they care about is the sale!!

Lady silverline

Personal Banker

Retail

I expected it to be temporary and I continue to think that way.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Good place to start in banking but no leadership or encouragement with job growth. The training is minimal and you are graded on what you can learn on your own.

Women Review Bank of America Corporation for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Bank of America Corporation by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

stars, based on 50 reviews Company Website Lady Liaa22 Lady anon680 Lady PONB Lady DogMom Lady codegeek Lady IndianPipe Madam Duck Lady Amaze123 Lady anon419 Lady silverline