Depending on your LOB, fully utilizing your maternity leave, vacation and sick time can prove to be a challenge. Overall benefits are decent but external hires seem to be able to make the most of their transition to BofA and are richly compensated for the same work an internal hire may be promoted into.

The leave policy changed 3 weeks after I returned to reflect 16 weeks fully paid. Although I could have utilized those changes and gone back out on leave I decided to continue working.

Maybe. Depends on the role and whether you are prepared to engage in office politics. It's very much who you know and what those you know think or you. In addition, I am not completely familiar with ML, but from my observations this affiliate of the bank is still very much male dominated.

Vice President

Operations

Recently increased leave from 12-14 weeks

Maybe. Depends on the department spnits very important to understand culture before accepting a position. You also need to be comfortable with change because more than likely your position will change in 6-12 months

Vice President (VP)

In some aspects the company is efficient and exciting but in it is also very beaurocratic and poltical; getting work done and receiving proper reward/recognition can be difficult - short-sighted cost cutting comes at a great expense.

Maybe. depends on the department, position and career goals

Overall I think there are strong woman and family friend pollicies but the ability to use them and feel confidenct that your career growth will not be stiffled is very depedent on the team.

This was recently increased to 16 weeks.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Maybe. With any large organization, I think the culture can change dramatically across teams and largely is dependent on your manager and executive team.

Maybe. depends on the opportunity and the pay

Flexiblity dependand on group and manager. Culture is still plagued by concerns of "when is the next round of layoffs".

The benefits are very good including parental leave, elder care assistance, etc., however, it's such a large employer, it can be difficult to network, find mentors, and move around for your career.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Maybe. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is such a large employer, experiences for women may vary wildly among different departments in the company.

Portfolio Management Officer

Global Commercial Banking

I think flexibility and work/life balance can be location-specific. I have a very laid back manager who respects the demands of parenthood and encourages people to communicate honestly with him.

Bank of America has a fairly generous maternity leave policy.

Financial Advisor

Merrill Lynch is still a boys club. Management refuses to acknowledge this and give women the resources, pay, or access to level the playing field.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

I worked at the Company early in my career so the best aspects about working at the company include: - career development opportunities - career advancement opportunities - good colleagues - good HR - good salary and benefits

I was an Equity Research Associate within the Bank's investment banking division in 2004. The job itself was great, the compensation was fair, and the corporate office location was in a beautiful high rise overlooking mid-town Manhattan and Central Park. The hours could be long during corporate earnings season but overall, the work-life balance was decent given the nature of the job and its association with the capital markets. While I had personal challenges with my direct boss, my colleagues and other Bank staff were very congenial and helpful. Overall, I'd recommend the Company as a great place for career development and advancement within financial services.