Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Bankrate Inc. to join us.

Gerber Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2018

Amazing benefits for working parents including working from home and fantastic maternity leave

WesTech Engineering Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

I worked here as an intern and I was the only women in the group other than the secretary. There could be more women in management positions but there are some. The company was great to support women oriented groups like SWE and started a Women's-of-Westech organization while I was there. I don't know much about their benifits for a full-time positions.

Ten-X Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Tech employees are routinely fired after a project is completed.

Guggenheim Museum Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Mostly women work here (around 80%), and as such you never have to worry about "boy's club" atmosphere, women being perceived as aggressive, or other issues in more male environments. However, top positions are male-heavy and men tend to make more, largely due to salary histories on hire and aggressive negotiation.

Official policies extremely inflexible, in practice some managers are very flexible and others adhere to the rules. This results in uneven practices.

There is some flexibility in how you take it, wish it was longer.

Trimedx Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Lots of overtime and cultish

Trunk Club Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Do not work there if you have any self respect

They are a new company but they change their company policies TOO MUCH and their commission structure because they are so new but they are not consistent and there is a nonstop revolving door

Prescott Medical Communications Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a very small company (under 35 employees), and the "small town" feel can be both good and bad-- everybody knows everybody, but it is difficult to navigate in the case of personality conflicts. Fortunately, those are rare! The benefits are incredible. There is 2 weeks paternity/adoption leave at 100%, 12 weeks maternity at 60%, an additional 12 weeks unpaid. The health insurance is 100% free. No premiums, no co-pay, and it's GOOD insurance, and the company pays your deductible into an HSA account, so there is effectively no deductible either. And it's free to add family to the plan, too. There is also a 3% matched SIMPLE IRA that is vested from month 3. Work-life balance is strongly emphasized with half day Fridays in the summer, unlimited work from home (provided you are getting your work done, of course), unlimited sick leave (within reason), 15 days vacation and 5 personal days out of the gate. Most people work 35-40 hours a week. My only criticisms of the company? There are some management bottlenecks where the more junior employees (like me) often find themselves with not a lot to do, while senior employees are swamped. It can feel a bit cliquey as the more senior employees have been here since the company was founded (15 years ago) and the junior employees obviously have not. There is also a slight generational issue, as junior employees often leave for greener pastures once hitting mid-level. I think a big part of that is we are paid slightly less (in exchange for all of these benefits) than big medical communications companies / Pharmaceutical companies, so it's all a question of where your balance lies-- younger men and women with no kids might be better served elsewhere, but this is a very supportive environment to get your feet wet in medical communications and project management

JRD & Associates Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The policies are inconsistent and are based on the owner's feelings and whims. The boss also questions your hours constantly, expects you to be available before and after business hours, and enjoys long lunches even if it results in employees staying late that day to complete deliverables. Policies do not support women who are pregnant. One employee was called while she was in labor for an update on a deliverable which she had already sent via email before she left for the hospital. She then had to bring her baby to work because she had no leave. When I became pregnant, the boss gave me a guilt trip for not telling him sooner than 8 weeks. During my pregnancy, after a few lunchtime doctor's appointments, the entire company received an email saying that we had to take PTO for all doctor's appointments, even if they happened at lunch and even if we worked our 8 hours before/after the appointment. Apparently it was ok to go out to eat (no PTO required) but not to go to the doctor. I began going to the doctor before work at 7am. I created a maternity leave plan which the boss refused to read or talk about. A week before I was due, I asked to work from home and was told no. I then said I would have to begin taking my PTO because I was too swollen to sit at a desk, and was told that my leave was "not approved." I had trouble getting information about insurance and had to work directly with the insurance company to figure out my short-term disability plan. The owner then expected me to return to work after the STD ran out, with a 4 week old baby. I quit instead.

Aspen Technology, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

No flexibility at all. Executives are primarily males. Males tend to be promoted more.

CWCapital Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

No work/life balance.