Bellevue University

www.bellevue.edu/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Bellevue University to join us.

G Law Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

I highly recommend this company to every woman looking for an environment that treats each employee with fairness and respect.

Save-A-Lot Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Being successful with this company is a very achievable goal, just like any with any company, as long as you remain determined. Do not let upper management take advantage of your pay rate. If you feel as if you deserve more, than you probably do.

Med Communications, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Negotiate the pay but expect it to be and stay low. Predominantly women, very professional, no drama.

It can depend on the project and the work; call center folks are tied to phones, writers and editors have more flexibility.

Cat-Amania Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Context allowing woman to drive success in their career through training certifications and mentoring

Sage Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

November 2016

Sage is not only a great place to work for women because of the current culture but because of the constant aim to identify areas of improvement

R.O.I. Properties Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Woman -owned - therefore the company is extremely women friendly, and provides ample opportunities for career growth in real estate

The NEA Foundation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a very face-time culture and the telecommuting policy is that we don't telecommute. So every doctor's appointment or field trip or conference means taking an hour of leave. Benefits are generous, though, and the evening/weekend work is very minimal.

Spencer Stuart Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

This company thrives on its "old boy network" and promotes based on looks and age. My former boss frequently hired young, good looking white women who were not particularly qualified for their roles. The management is not particularly diverse in gender or ethnicity. And among the women who do advance, they tend to be fiercely protect their status and do little to mentor promising more junior staff.

Henderson County, North Carolina Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a county based EMS (emergency medical service) and you would expect some protection working for a government entity. Think again! I was 29, married and ready to expand my family. My husband and I sat down with our finances and my medical records and decided we wanted to start to try for a baby. I saw all of my doctors the following weeks to prepare them and myself for pregnancy. I contact my health insurance company to find out how much in deductible and co-insurance we would owe. We waited an additional month to mull over the idea of becoming parents. Then we tried, and bam, first try! I was pregnant. I am a county paramedic with heavy lifting, stressful situations, and possible physical danger. Other women where I work were able to get whatever accommodations they had asked for in the past, however, we now had a new boss. I was a high risk pregnancy from the start because of some medical conditions. Little did I know that after I went off the truck (ambulance) and into light duty (safe desk job), I would only get 4 weeks. Despite the 8 ft high by 12 ft across stack of boxes that needed to be sorted, I was told there was no more light duty left for me and sent home and told to consider the 4 weeks a gift since I was originally going to be given 3 weeks. I went off the ambulance at 23 weeks and I left work altogether at 27 weeks. I had only requested a total of 12 weeks of light duty and I knew there was plenty to be done. I was denied the additional 8 weeks, and told that my FMLA will run out shortly after the baby gets here and I may lose my job all together. Additionally, if I wanted to keep my job, I better get back to work as soon as possible to not "force" them into replacing me. This was their accommodation to me. I ended up very sick and in the ICU after my pregnancy. I feel the added stress of possibly losing my job played a roll in my seriously bad pregnancy. Although my husband and I consulted everyone we could think of before trying to get pregnant, apparently we forgot to ask my boss if it was a good time for him. I foolishly assumed since the other women had accommodations, I would too. I was wrong. We consulted 2 attorneys who basically said in North Carolina it is a right to hire/right to fire state and they can do whatever they want. After my son was born 5 weeks premature and in the NICU and the doctors and nurses had heroically saved my life, I decided to forget putting my company first and run the risk of losing my job and stay out the full 3 months for a total of 20 weeks without pay, a serious financial blow to my family with a new baby. I had now taken the "full" 12 weeks other women had (under FMLA) with my newborn before placing him in daycare, though thankfully my parents helped out and daycare was not often needed. I eventually went part time there, and now a full time mom, but that is only because we can afford to do that with my husbands salary now. I am a lucky person to be able to do that. Some are not so lucky and I feel their pain.

Christie's Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

female dominated business until the senior management level. benefits are generous including 12 weeks fully paid maternity leave and flexibility to extend with vacation or unpaid time.career paths are not clear and compensation is not competitive