Best Buy Co., Inc.

""
Would you recommend Best Buy Co., Inc. to other women?
"It is still a male dominant field, and you will get customers that refuse to work with oyu because you are a women. But the men I worked with and upper management respect you are long as you are able to do your job properly. There are many women at the upper managment level, so there is proof that Best Buy incourages and supports women moving into high roles."
One thing Best Buy Co., Inc. can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
Supervisor, Sales
Would you recommend Best Buy Co., Inc. to other women?
"It's great if you don't have a life outside of work "
One thing Best Buy Co., Inc. can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
Sales lead , Customer Service
Would you recommend Best Buy Co., Inc. to other women?
"Its a boys club which i woldnt mind if the guys didn't act like they were in a frat then at work."
Would you recommend Best Buy Co., Inc. to other women?
"Though men still outnumber women, there are a lot of women in upper management and at corporate. I don't feel the company discriminates or makes judgement calls based on gender, but I do believe there are still stores where poor leadership is in place, and that can create a very different experience for employees. I would get a feel for the store you are applying to first. There is a lot of room for advancement in the company."
Would you recommend Best Buy Co., Inc. to other women?
"I have worked for Best Buy for over 7 years, and I have had many different experiences, based on the store I was working at, and current leadership. Overall, I believe Best Buy is a fair company and try's to do right by its employees. The main issue I have is I that I believe they could do more to help life/work balance for women and men."
"I worked there for 6 months full time and the pressure to get credit card apps was unkind and ridiculed on a daily basis. It is not the team work atmosphere I had hoped it would be. The GM said on the first day that any complaint to HR would go directly to him and therefore to address him first before contacting HR. That is and was a huge red flag. While there I heard racist remarks and the unkindest work environment I had ever worked in. I was threatened I would lose my full time position if I didn't exceed 3 credit card apps every day I worked. Which is hard considering I worked in customer service where returns and complaints are being made. I found it to be the boys club and couldn't wait to leave. A huge disappoint in companies I had thought well of up until I went to work there."