Booz Allen Hamilton http://www.boozallen.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Booz Allen Hamilton?
ReadytoRetire

There is a strong double standard that is not acknowleged. Without a better awareness of the unconscious bias against women and persons of color, genuine correction of promotion practices cannot occur. Only lip service.

My leave was 25 years ago; time off has changed for the better

The playing field is level. Prove yourself and you'll be rewarded.

anon1515 Analyst

I had great female leadership on my contract! Can't speak to dynamics beyond that team.

anon1479 Associate

Negotiate your salary - they will absolutely low-ball you and you should really look to what you are worth or can get somewhere else.

I don't like that I'm required to give input to see reviews. I don't have valuable insights since I'm early in my career but would benefit from seeing this information.

ohyeahofcourse Consultant

Optional networking opportunities and outside-of-work projects? Not really, unless you never want to get promoted. Also, it often feels like a boy's club. Pay was bad compared to other consulting firms, and work could be mind-numbing and not challenging. No work-life balance. I left due to boredom during the day and stress after hours.

anon

Flexiblity with work assignments/hours depends a lot on your management team

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews
Lady datagirl Data Analyst

Booz Allen makes honest attempts to promote diversity, and depending on your situation, you might be able to find mentoring and support. But there are definitely some biases under the surface, especially when it comes to how the male-dominated client views your work. It was also a very competitive environment in general, even across genders. As a bright young newcomer to a team, I encountered some adversarial relationships with other females.

Diversity is a challenge, especially for women of lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
Lady GlitterPants Senior Consultant, Defense and Intelligence Group

There area lot of women who work here, especially on my particular career team. This is most likely due to the type of work we all do. Women are in high-level positions and the glass ceiling is not something you typically have to deal with; however, I have observed an environment in which women are more than willing to stab others in the back to get to the top. Not everyone believes in helping other women succeed.

This has been one of the most diverse workplaces I've ever worked in. My "maybe" is based on employment stability, office politics, and other factors not related to gender.
Lady New Mom & Career Woman Lead Associate, Management Consulting

If there is gender bias, it is subconscious. I have worked with some great bosses, and some not so great bosses. In general, I have seen males get promoted faster and for their "potential," while women have to prove themselves and their capabilities before they get ahead. Work life balance is good, with limited travel and a chances to work remotely. Lots of inspiring female leaders at the firm. But lots of subpar managers with limited soft skills.

Women Review Booz Allen Hamilton for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Booz Allen Hamilton by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.3 stars, based on 29 reviews Company Website ReadytoRetire anon1515 anon1479 anon1478 ohyeahofcourse anon Lady datagirl Lady GlitterPants Lady New Mom & Career Woman