Cambridge Innovation Center

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Cambridge Innovation Center to join us.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

If you do not perform, there is no exceptions to their termination policy. I enjoy working here, but be prepared for an all male management team and an 80% male sales force. They have tried to recently hire more women on the sales floor, but due to the hours required to be successful and the fact that many women are required by their families, many women do not succeed. There are limited opportunities for women to advance as main leadership does not respect women; can be very sexist. On the other side, since it is 100% commissions, you are able to leave to take care of your family should you need to. Just know there’s not much given by way of vacation time and time away from the store means no money in your pocket. I see many women and men fail here because they do not manage their time properly. You have to arrive early or stay late to take care of “housekeeping” duties such as calling customers, etc, so that you can maximize your selling time on the floor. Otherwise, you won’t be successful at Mathis.

Being retail, it is difficult to be flexible as needs of business dictate floor coverage. However, they did allow me to temporarily move to another department at the end of my pregnancy to rest and prepare at the end of my delivery despite my lack of doctor’s orders to do so. They then let me return to my original sales position after my leave.

I was offered short term disability and received 60% of my pay while on leave for 6 weeks. I took 8 weeks of leave so had 2 weeks unpaid. The leave process was easy and uncomplicated.

Wyoming Department of Family Services Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

This review is for Wyoming Boy's School Very misogynist place to work. You have to be one tough woman to stick this one out...

I became pregnant before FMLA was passed. I was allowed unpaid leave if I had accumulated it. I was careful not to take any time off while pregnant so that I could have four weeks of saved time off.

Harvey Lindsay Commercial Real Estate Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is a family-ran business that has a majority of long term employees

Digitas LBi Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.4

All agencies are the same, really, when it comes to culture. It can feel like a boys club at times but they do have women in leadership positions.

Great new parental leave policy

Knowles Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Nothing is on paper. There's no parental leave, nor sexual harassment policy, no promoting structure, no mentoring programs, etc. That said, there are a lot of things that are done informally and through your manager. The people are very nice and respectful of work life balance, so that informality works out well if you're under a good manager.

There's no maternity leave on paper. Halfway through my leave, as I was talking to my manager about when I was coming back, I was told that they would pay for 12 weeks of maternity leave.

Certona Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women in technical roles on the customer service side will be ok. Women in roles on the technology side will be met with working twice as hard as their male counterparts to have their opinions trusted and to gain respect.

Fix the systemic communication problems across the organization

Altair Global Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They prey on the single mom knowing she needs a job.

American College of Cardiology Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Overall this company is strong;y supportive of women, and particularly nurses or those with hospital experience. However in some places the young men have been promoted and are extremely dismissive of women's contributions and value. Men rise faster than women and maintain a stereotypical alpha role.

Galileo Learning Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for three years and have never seen a working environment that empowers women more. We have directors, VPs, heads of departments. The men are collaborative and never question our voice. We have far more women than men in the headquarters and the field.

Dematic Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are very few women working here and most of those who do are recent hires or in non engineering positions. It's a very odd mix as if the company only decided in the past few years they were open to hiring women for engineering positions. There are many employees who have been with the company for 10+ year and many even longer. However, very few of those who have been with the company for a long time are women and there are 0 female managers in my department (of over 200 people). These demographics have created an environment where it's not uncommon for someone to use the phrase "She totally wants to do me" or "Have her at the meeting we need some eye candy." There is even a manager who told a recent female hire he thought there were more women working here now because women were getting smarter... So some positives, as a female it is easy to stand out in a good way too. People are more likely to remember you which gives your work extra visibility. All in all I would describe my experience here as kind of weird as I never imagined a place with this kind of attitude was still able to exist. If you are a female interested in a position here I would say proceed with caution and go with your gut-if someone says something off putting in the interview it is likely not a one time thing.