Caterpillar Inc.

Headquarters:Deerfield, IL(United States)10,000+ Employees

"The work is interesting, the people interaction is rewarding & diverse, the work-life balance is positive & improving, but when at work you are expected to work hard and put in extra efforts when required (give & take)."
One thing Caterpillar Inc. can improve?
"Dig deeper into job sharing so part-time offerings would be truly available & truly part-time."
, Marketing
"It is different by department, but the department I work for, supports flexibility as long as the results are achieved."
16 Paid | 4-8 Unpaid
Would you recommend Caterpillar Inc. to other women?
"Caterpillar has great employee resource groups and women in leadership initiatives. As well as, mentoring programs."
Human Resources Manager, Human Resources
Would you recommend Caterpillar Inc. to other women?
"Your success is what you make it. There's no doubt that leadership will encourage you to make moves but it's your decision and depends on your drive. "
One thing Caterpillar Inc. can improve?
"Not much; it's a great place to work"
, Manufacturing
Would you recommend Caterpillar Inc. to other women?
"Stay positive, initiatives in place to promote women in leadership"
"no"
Lead Pricing Manager, Manufacturing
"depends on the department you're in"
Would you recommend Caterpillar Inc. to other women?
"It really is a great place to work. There is a Women in Leadership initiative that has great momentum and has been paving the way to make improvements in a variety of areas for not just women, but all demographics at Caterpillar."
"not sure"
One thing Caterpillar Inc. can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
Consultant, Human Resources
"It depends on the business unit you are a part of, some have come a long way and are great supporters of flexibility and some are behind. It is improving and over time, once the "old school" thought has retired, we should see more wide-spread flexibility throughout the company."
"All US, full time management employees receive 4 weeks paternity paid (this includes dads!) and 6 weeks maternity paid for moms. I am using vacation time to round out my 12 weeks so that I receive my full salary while I am off. There are also benefits for adoptive parents as well."
Would you recommend Caterpillar Inc. to other women?
"Women are starting to become advocates for one another more than ever before. There is still a lot of room for improvement but I'm seeing more effort put into recruiting strong women into leadership positions who HAVEN'T spent their entire career at Caterpillar. We are recruiting leaders from companies like LinkedIn, where the culture is the opposite of Caterpillar. This is starting to make waves (for the better!)."
One thing Caterpillar Inc. can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
"It really depends on your supervisor. Some supervisors are great and trust their employees. They take the approach of "as long as you get you work done, I don't need butts in seats from 8 am to 5 pm". Unfortunately, this is more of the exception than the norm. Most supervisors are "by the book" and it can be awkward (at best) asking for extra time off or a flexible work arrangement. "
Would you recommend Caterpillar Inc. to other women?
"Recently, the maternity leave policy was altered. While we still get paid time off, there is now LESS flexibility when it comes to how a woman wants to use her time (for example: spreading out her time-off so she can come back part-time for a bit). There aren't programs to make coming back to work from maternity leave easier for moms or anything that really takes into consideration what the new mother's life must be like. I personally haven't utilized maternity leave but it seems like Caterpillar has moved in the opposite direction of other companies and it speaks volumes to where the companies priorities are...."
1 - 5 of 39