Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at CEDIA to join us.

Scholastic Book Fairs Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

This is a great job for work/ family balance, and you get to work hands on with schools and PTA/O's to plan book fairs.

Bühler Holding AG Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's good and provides some extra benefits than what the government allows. However, I am not aware of all of them, mostly heard by colleagues.

Zebra Technologies Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Build relationships with the key stakeholders and decisions makers inside and outside of your organization. Learn the business and how what you do impacts the business.

Tennant Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Tennant is overall a good place to work, even though they are stuck in the 80s with some of their policies and procedures. There has been a lot of turnover in HR and leadership recently, so I'm anxious to see what, if any, changes come about in the next 1-2 years.

Not for Hiring

It really depends on your manager's viewpoint on flexible work arrangements. You can get things like alternate schedules approved and finalized through HR, but my experience is that it's best to just work through your manager for an unofficial arrangement.

The "maternity leave" is just a STD policy, and in the last 18 months, they went from 100% pay for 6 weeks to 2/3 pay for 6 weeks which is just unacceptable. I understand they have the plant workers to consider, but they should have a separate maternity leave policy if they can't determine a way to make STD work for everyone.

TravelClick Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is a ton of flexibility being an outside sales executive, but it's hard work with high goals.

DOS position - outside rep

CGI Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Learn about the business unit/organization you would've joining. During my 11+ years I've been with CGI, many women have been in top leadership positions. It seems contradictory to say women being promoted is why I am dissatisfied, but it is very apparent in the organization where I work. The practice I am part of mirrors Silicon Valley rather than the rest of CGI. My directors only care they get no negative feedback from the project or client I support. Otherwise my work and contribution mean nothing.

I was surprised to see women get 10 weeks paid maternity leave. I have never seen that before or heard that from coworkers who took maternity leave.

Tidewater Community College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I went to work there for someone knowing this would be short term & they had tremendous challenges in this department.Our department was mainly women who do not support each other, sandbagged each other, stole credit for others work, used bad management practices, contradicted HR policy & generally make this department unpleasant. The individual in charge of the department pits people against each other. Young librarians come in, get experience for a year or so and then move on. Not all departments are like this but it is incredibly difficult to gain credibility with anyone in the general organization when you give a differing opinion from the department head. I would only recommend this department unless no other job materializes. I would be careful in the general organization. State benefits are better then average benefits & am aware of individuals staying in demoralizing jobs because they cannot afford to lose the benefits. Unfortunately because of budget constraints most of the jobs that are newly created are part-time. In this department there is only one degree, MLS, that is given any credibility or weight. It is a community college setting. The benefits are the only positive that I can give at this point. Benefits are only available for full-time employees.

Valassis Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked in my current role for 5 years, during which I took maternity leave. Management here was extremely supportive and I didn't feel any pressure to return sooner than the legal 12-week leave. My only complaint is that between the company's maternity policy and the short-term disability, I was only paid for about 7 of the 12 weeks. As a mother, I feel that the company supports me and is flexible - as long as I am flexible as well. Picking my child up at daycare right at 5pm is no problem, but if a project is due I'll work after hours from home to finish up. As long as the work gets done well and on-time, my management supports whatever I need to do as a parent.

Cisco Systems Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

June 2015

I've worked here for 2 years, have a very supportive manager. They pay us well, but the only draw back of being a woman in sales here is that we only get a portion of our sales commission while we're out. It's difficult to take more than the 6 weeks they pay, during maternity leave, but it's definitely an option. Tech as we know is a very male dominated industry, but I've seen many women do very well here.

Texas Tech University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2015

I like the work I do but dislike the environment. I'm glad I don't have children, because I think that would be an added layer of feeling trapped. I don't think the mothers who work here get a lot of support from management. I think sometimes mothers and fathers are given some flexibility, but I think they're often made to feel guilty about it. Or, the middle managers who grant that flexibility feel anxious about it because they're afraid they are being too generous. It's probably not the worst place to work, but it's not great, either.