Charles Schwab

Headquarters:San Francisco, CA(United States)10,000+ Employees
4.1

"In an industry dominated by men, we need more women. I have never felt that Schwab treats women differently and there are many female leaders in high positions to look up to. Schwab is proud to celebrate all diversity and inclusion."
Investor Services, Retail
"Your hours are your hours and you need to be there for clients. I do not have flexibility to work from home in my client facing position, HOWEVER, the are many positions that DO have this flexibility."
Would you recommend Charles Schwab to other women?
"Changing to a results-oriented culture with greater acceptance of work-from-home and flex-schedules (as opposed to current way where WFH hours are closely tracked/monitored, which has made the culture very face-time heavy), offering emergency/backup childcare assistance, addressing the gender equity and pay gap issues, all could improve the espirit de corps among women and make it a better place for women to work. Feel the firm has a long way to go to being a great place for women to work. "
"not sure"
One thing Charles Schwab can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
"A few years ago the company made a policy change to strictly monitor work-from-home hours and only in limited cases is it allowed. It's become a very face-time oriented culture, and for working parents this can be especially hard. It shouldn't be a blanket company-wide policy but rather one that's determined by individual teams/workgroups, like it is at so many other companies."
"Thankfully the company at least began a paid parental leave policy last year, but more could be done here as well. It's pretty minimal compared to peer firms."
Would you recommend Charles Schwab to other women?
"Schwab has always been tuned into creating and maintaining a diverse workforce that values all types of employees, regardless of race, gender, religion, etc."
, Customer Service
Would you recommend Charles Schwab to other women?
"Great culture for women and anybody that cares about offering the best services for our clients and employees."
Would you recommend Charles Schwab to other women?
"My previous employer was always shoving "shareholder value" down our throats. In the 10+ years I've been at Schwab, I've only heard it mentioned a handful of times - how refreshing!!. "
Senior Manager, Compliance
Would you recommend Charles Schwab to other women?
"I am surrounded by many fantastic and strong female leaders. I truly believe Schwab promotes talent without bias towards gender. Benefits, Employee Resource Groups, policies and internal practices have all been family friendly, from what I've seen. Diversity is recognized and voiced as incredibly important among leaders at all levels. I cannot say enough good things about Schwab and fully intend to retire here!"
Sr Team Manager, Sales
"The degree of flexibility is, of course, very dependent upon your role. If you're in a phone based role, your options are limited but leaders genuinely care and are very willing to find solutions if you need accommodations for emergencies, etc. Increasing web technology makes it a lot easier to work from home if your specific role allows it and, from my experience, this has been an available option as needed. "