Spectrum

2.4

"Do not work for this company if you have children or want to have children. Their maternity leave policy is basically nonexistent. You get the bare minimum required by FMLA and it is not guaranteed to be paid. They will expect you to return to work at exactly 6 weeks no matter what your doctors say. I was not cleared by my doctors to drive after having my son and was expected to take a cab to work since they denied everything my doctors said. Their leave is unpaid and often uninsured. Most management are males and they do not promote females to leadership roles. All women should steer clear of this company. "
"no"
One thing Spectrum can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
"Their is no paternity leave and the maternity leave is a joke and an insult to all women. It is 90% unpaid and usually uninsured. "
Would you recommend Spectrum to other women?
"Extremely male centric environment. Voted down a request for a sponsored co-ed softball team but supported an all-male company team. Poor maternity leave packages. Few women in high level management positions."
"no"
, Finance
"All managerial employees are expected to be physically in the office. No work from home opportunities exist, despite dangerous weather conditions or family/personal needs. No flex hours of any type even considered."
Would you recommend Spectrum to other women?
"Benefits are good. The company has some women in management, but they are not strong & toe the company line. The good old boy network is alive & well. Customer service does not have much flexibility for hours or work from home."
"not sure"
Store Sales Supervisor, Customer Service
Would you recommend Spectrum to other women?
"Limited opportunity for advancement unless you are willing to relocate. It has a good old boy culture."
"There is very much a "Gool Ole Boy" culture here. Leadership promotes their buddies with not much respect to accomplishments and qualifications."
Would you recommend Spectrum to other women?
"I would tell other women to make sure that they do their homework"
One thing Spectrum can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
Would you recommend Spectrum to other women?
"The culture will not respect your talent, contribution or dedication and commitment "
One thing Spectrum can improve?
"Respect women as technical leaders in Engineering "
Would you recommend Spectrum to other women?
"There is a bit of the "Old Boys Club" mentality. A lot of the promotions are offered to friends. I would recommend voicing your opionions and ensure your ideas are shared. "
Workforce Operations Coordinator, Workforce Operations
Would you recommend Spectrum to other women?
"Be prepared to deal with boys club. If you speak up, labeled bossy ecetera."
One thing Spectrum can improve?
"Not enough paid time for maternity leave"
Would you recommend Spectrum to other women?
"Not at executive level, good old boys club. Especially the Texas area."
"There are a lot of women in leadership positions, although the top five earners are all men. I believe women are treated fairly. The company invests in women's leadership development. There is no paid maternity leave, which is an issue."
Would you recommend Spectrum to other women?
"I have been with the company just short of a year now. It is by far the best company I have worked for. Management in my center is well balanced between the genders. Within my own department, I feel that it's easier for women to make money. I am preparing to take maternity leave at the end of January. From what I understand, its 6 weeks total paid. Having four young children and a husband with health problems plus my own pregnancy, I take a lot of time off work. They have been, by far, the most lenient company in terms of sick time and vacation time. With any other company, I would have been unemployed by now. As of right now, I plan on being here a very, very long time."
Sales Rep, inbound sales
Would you recommend Spectrum to other women?
"I have been with the company for two years. In general the company does a lot for the employees in the form of incentives, gifts, food and small things to encourage company moral. Vacation, sick time, bonus structure, maternity leave, EAP and health insurance are on par with other companies. They offer a 401K plan and pension plan as well. The areas my particular department fall short in is the treatment of females employees. In all fairness I am not sure how other branches treat female employees I know that in my branch it is a good old boys club atmosphere where inappropriate comments are made of a sexual nature, inappropriate viewing of movies with full frontal nudity that is supposed to be against company policy but nothing is ever said. Comments are made by male employees that they are glad they are free to make these comments and no female will be offended. There are several woman in my department who have excellent degrees and incredible minds but are treated as secretaries who can run and get meals and coffee. There have been instances where other women have approached me to complain about certain things, such as working twice as hard to get promoted, discrimination against skin color, being afraid to bring issues forward for fear of retaliation."
Advanced Technical Support, Tier III
Would you recommend Spectrum to other women?
"The department I work in supervisors are all men. Some are really good as far as being a women. Some are not."
Sales Support Coordinator, Spectrum Business