Chipotle Mexican Grill

2.6

"This can be a great place to work as a young woman before you're interested in starting a family. You can gain a lot of great work experience which you can take to another company and make a lot more money with better work/life balance."
"not sure"
One thing Chipotle Mexican Grill can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
Would you recommend Chipotle Mexican Grill to other women?
"If you aren't interested in having children it can be a good place to work."
"Honestly, I've worked under 4 general managers in the past three years and 2 have treated me like absolute shit. Some of the men who are promoted to general manager feel threatened by women who are outspoken and passionate. Beware of which location you work at. And don't be afraid to quit and file complaints to HR "
"not sure"
One thing Chipotle Mexican Grill can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
Take Out Specialist,
"You get 72 hours paid and can take fmla. You can supliment with sick and vacation pay but you don't get much from the start unless you have a higher up position."
Would you recommend Chipotle Mexican Grill to other women?
"Be careful, the company is great, but this doesn't mean the store you'll work at is great. It may cause you to have anxiety attack after another or it may change to be this amazing person. The company truly does care about the best for each of its employees, but they don't have the capabilities to screen and fire the people who are in the system to take advantage of it. There are a lot of smart people who work there, and some so smart they made it past the initial hiring process when in reality they shouldn't be have been hired. Try your best to not work at an understaffed location, and only do school part time (if you're in school). This company is a great representation of humanity. It isn't perfect, but it's trying. There are good times and bad times. It's hard, and maybe it's worth it. Don't be afraid to leave for the betterment of yourself because in reality Chipotle wants you to be the best you, even if this means you'll have to move on. Speak up, and aim for the stars here. There's generally no cap for how high you can be hired. "
One thing Chipotle Mexican Grill can improve?
"Combination of pay and work-life balance. The benefits are amazing, and our management team was 50/50 women to men, but the physical requirements outweighed the pay. My experience was one where I was full time student and 40+hrs/week. My pay was horrible compared to other regions. It's long hours where the GM justifies living wage and high benefits to push you past exhaustion. "
"As a manager they couldn't do much if you did the proper requirements to get time off, but it was expected you wouldn't ask for more than two days off (ever). You were met with verbal backlash and extreme stress to not take time off because they were stressed out too. It was like a "take one for the team" approach. There's a lot of mildly mental abusive things my GM which I didn't realize till I left. He's not a bad guy, but our company gave him to support. "
"They offer is for managers for sure, not sure about crew. Even part-time employees have decent benefits. "
Would you recommend Chipotle Mexican Grill to other women?
"It really depends on the GM and the location. As a whole Chipotle is amazing, but at the store level the ability to succeed is very masculine and can be toxic. I wouldn't mind working for Chipotle Corporate, but the restaurants need work. They try their best, but the company expanded too quickly, in my opinion. "
"Negotiate a higher salary if possible before starting your first position at the support offices."
One thing Chipotle Mexican Grill can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
Would you recommend Chipotle Mexican Grill to other women?
"When things are going well can be a great place to work, when they aren't can be challenging."
"Unless things have changed recently, having a baby ruins your career."
Service Manager, N/A