Cisco Systems http://www.cisco.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Cisco Systems?
Lady techleader

10 year veteran at Cisco, I think the company has come a really long way. There is a large emphasis on diversity and women leadership. I believe more than ever there is great opportunity for successful women in the Tech industry at Cisco. Maternity leave was previously non existent but that just changed and now we get 4 weeks paid (on top of the 6 weeks of disability). Most women use vacation days to take up to 12 weeks.

Lady sam Software Engineer, Engineering

I have worked here for 3 years. The men to women ratio is very high. Very less women in the higher ups in management. Maternity leave is less compared to other companies

Lady 6794 System engineer

Amazing company. If you don't like something, suggest a change and it happens. Serious. The offices are like family, everyone is supportive, the random crazy uncle is mixed in there somewhere. But I am encouraged to look for promotions in different departments, and coached on how to get the promotions I deserve.

Lady anon17 Global manufacturing operations

work life balance is great

Lady codinggirl

Women in Management are treated somewhat fairly. Women in technical roles are treated terribly: I was denied promotion after my boss told me I met all the requirements and he received a new req. He lost that req by letting it go unfilled before promoting me. I was docked on my bonus by the number of weeks I was on maternity leave, even though a co-worked was not when he took a month to go mountain climbing. When the issue was brought to HR, they said bonus was solely the manager's discretion.

Lady Bond007 Software Engineer, Datacenter

While the company policy definitely wants to promote and encourage women in the workplace, policies will only be as good as the people who implement them. While I must say I had been very fortunate to work for managers who were not biased towards my work or performance based on the gender, I have come across managers who are partial in hiring women though they're not vocal about it in official discussions. During private discussions, they do accidentally spill that they're not in favor of having women 'cause they feel women give higher priority to family and would not prefer to stretch beyond the 8 hrs of work/day, they might need maternity leave, time off to attend to a sick kid at home, they'd be distracted at work 'cause of house-hold responsibilities like picking up the kid between work, etc. Some managers feel they can easily thrust work upon a man at any time of the day without hesitation which they can't with a woman. Most of the IT houses foster boys-club 'cause majority of the workforce constitutes of men. Women find it hard to penetrate this group 'cause our interests don't match such as hanging out with male colleagues for a smoke between work, or for a drink late into the evening, or watching a game together, etc. This puts women in tech at a disadvantage 'cause we loose out on the informal discussion about work, technology, etc. and the bonding that happens over these sessions. It is a very tough art to master getting into such groups without risking coming across as desperate to hang out with men.

Lady anon217 Business Analyst, Services

The company has option of working from home which comes handy with kids and running errands. You can also take calls remotely. It differs from team to team and depends on manager's attitude as well. Some managers themselves work from 7am to 7pm straight and expect you to do the same. If you land up in a good team, you'll be lucky.

Lady eilonwy002 Consultant, Consulting Services

It's very politicized working in a big company, for both men and women. As it applies to women's issues specifically, I feel strongly that many highly qualified and competent women are viewed negatively and are not given the visibility or credit that men are, even when (from my perspective) these women's results show empirically that they are out-performing men. My male coworkers speak of women I would describe as "hard-working, results-oriented, matter-of-fact" as "rigid" and "only wants her own way". Women whom I would describe as "goal-oriented", men have portrayed as cunning and manipulative. It is as if basic competencies like timeliness, attentiveness, attitude--which women must possess to even compete--are overlooked because they are not metrics that men care about. While there are many women now in senior positions here, I feel that personally despite my white collar position, it is easier for others to think of me as an executive assistant than to push me to perform more thoughtful and demanding tasks.

Lady P Director

Good diversity at OC level and lots of women in "expected" functions such as HR and Marketing. Still not good representation in engineering and sales.

Lady anon18 Admin, Collaboration

Working for Cisco is great! I enjoy working there. Best job I ever had.

Women Review Cisco Systems for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Cisco Systems by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.7 stars, based on 76 reviews Company Website Lady techleader Lady sam Lady 6794 Lady anon17 Lady codinggirl Lady Bond007 Lady anon217 Lady eilonwy002 Lady P Lady anon18