Cisco Systems

#12
3.8

Lady Sandy

Business Manager

Good company to work for. Flexible and supports work life balance / integration. People Deal initiative to address employees well being. I am told, it is not a great paymaster and salary increments are not many.

Lady missmkay

I've worked here for 2 years, have a very supportive manager. They pay us well, but the only draw back of being a woman in sales here is that we only get a portion of our sales commission while we're out. It's difficult to take more than the 6 weeks they pay, during maternity leave, but it's definitely an option. Tech as we know is a very male dominated industry, but I've seen many women do very well here.

Product Manager

Marketing

N/A

User Centered Designer

Services

It depends ont he group you are in and who is the manager. Sometimes the hours are flexible and sometimes not really.

Maybe. it depends on the department

Lady techleader

10 year veteran at Cisco, I think the company has come a really long way. There is a large emphasis on diversity and women leadership. I believe more than ever there is great opportunity for successful women in the Tech industry at Cisco. Maternity leave was previously non existent but that just changed and now we get 4 weeks paid (on top of the 6 weeks of disability). Most women use vacation days to take up to 12 weeks.

Lady sam

Software Engineer

Engineering

I have worked here for 3 years. The men to women ratio is very high. Very less women in the higher ups in management. Maternity leave is less compared to other companies

Lady 6794

System Engineer

Amazing company. If you don't like something, suggest a change and it happens. Serious. The offices are like family, everyone is supportive, the random crazy uncle is mixed in there somewhere. But I am encouraged to look for promotions in different departments, and coached on how to get the promotions I deserve.

Global manufacturing operations

work life balance is great

Lady codinggirl

Women in Management are treated somewhat fairly. Women in technical roles are treated terribly: I was denied promotion after my boss told me I met all the requirements and he received a new req. He lost that req by letting it go unfilled before promoting me. I was docked on my bonus by the number of weeks I was on maternity leave, even though a co-worked was not when he took a month to go mountain climbing. When the issue was brought to HR, they said bonus was solely the manager's discretion.

Lady Bond007

Software Engineer

Datacenter

Maybe. While the company policy definitely wants to promote and encourage women in the workplace, policies will only be as good as the people who implement them. While I must say I had been very fortunate to work for managers who were not biased towards my work or performance based on the gender, I have come across managers who are partial in hiring women though they're not vocal about it in official discussions. During private discussions, they do accidentally spill that they're not in favor of having women 'cause they feel women give higher priority to family and would not prefer to stretch beyond the 8 hrs of work/day, they might need maternity leave, time off to attend to a sick kid at home, they'd be distracted at work 'cause of house-hold responsibilities like picking up the kid between work, etc. Some managers feel they can easily thrust work upon a man at any time of the day without hesitation which they can't with a woman. Most of the IT houses foster boys-club 'cause majority of the workforce constitutes of men. Women find it hard to penetrate this group 'cause our interests don't match such as hanging out with male colleagues for a smoke between work, or for a drink late into the evening, or watching a game together, etc. This puts women in tech at a disadvantage 'cause we loose out on the informal discussion about work, technology, etc. and the bonding that happens over these sessions. It is a very tough art to master getting into such groups without risking coming across as desperate to hang out with men.