Cisco Systems http://www.cisco.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Cisco Systems?
Lady Bosswoman

I have been here for 14 years and have steadily advanced, but I know many more women who get stuck in mid-career. While the overall representation may be ok, women are very low in numbers in technical/engineering roles, esp as you go to mid and higher level management.

Lady anon19 Business Analyst, Operations

Cisco is a great company to work for, I have been here 18 years. Diversity is huge part of our culture and that is one of the reasons I enjoy working for this company.

Lady Live Work & Play Business Development Manager

Cisco preaches inclusion and diversity and stands by this. There are a number of women and diverse employees in leadership positions, and development for female employees and leaders is very highly encouraged. I do think that men are still paid more than women (generally speaking across all industries), but do not believe gender plays a part at Cisco when salary/bonuses/raises are determined. There is always room for more women in tech and am proud I work for a company that promotes this from within!

Lady Capital D Collaboration Specialist, Sales

I've been a long-term employee. Of course, the old boys are still out there but at Cisco performance matters and can be a woman's advantage. Navigating around curmudgeons exists everywhere, even Cisco. Sure, I still come across the "Boys Only" meetings, but those guys seem like a dying breed. It seems more possible to rise above generalized prejudice at Cisco than most work places.

Lady Guardian

The company has a ways to go.

Madam jc

Cisco Empowers Women

If you work here, find a mentor and stick with it. Someone who will champion you, guide you and even protect you sometimes as change is the new norm.

Great flexibility in most areas around work/life balance. Still some of the 'boys club' going on, but has slowly been getting better as more women take executive roles. Lots of change right now and hopefully a few more of the 'old school' boys will drop out to make room for further progression.
Lady flyfisherlady

There are some good benefits to working here...for me, the best benefit is being able to work from home. Otherwise, I'm been very disappointed in the career opportunities. It's clearly a man's company. There are a few token women in management but not many and certainly not in my department. If you come to work here, you better negotiate a good salary because salary increases are few even with outstanding ratings and accomplishments. In the company I worked for previously, I received regular promotions, salary increases and opportunities to grow. Since I've been at Cisco, those same promotions/opportunities have not materialized (and it's not from lack of trying). For example, I went over 4 years without a raise and with really good reviews. When I finally received a raise, it was a mere 3%. Nevertheless, my co-workers are nice and the work environment is pleasant. Bottom-line, if you're a lady who is a go-getter with big dreams, this may not be the place to be. You may find like me that you're not appreciated and there is no room at the top.

if you are able to work from home
Lady thatgirl121

Pay is not competitive nor equal.

Lady charmm Programs Manager, Sales

I've worked at Cisco off and on since the late 90's, both as a consultant and now, for the second time, as a full timer "blue badge." Cisco is extraordinarily diverse and has a fantastic culture for women. If considering a position at Cisco, I would get as many interviews as possible, with a variety of people and ask specific questions about the group. I have had a couple of bad managers and some rough situations, ironically the harassment was from a female manager. Look into employee groups and diversity and inclusion projects and activities - they are there but you do have to seek them on your own a bit.

Women Review Cisco Systems for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Cisco Systems by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.7 stars, based on 76 reviews Company Website Lady Bosswoman Lady anon19 Lady Live Work & Play Lady Capital D Lady Guardian Madam jc Lady anon220 Lady flyfisherlady Lady thatgirl121 Lady charmm