Cisco Systems http://www.cisco.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Cisco Systems?
Lady supviswa IT Project Manager, Capital IT

I learnt too late in the game that working is 20% and connecting and selling is 80% ..

Lady Cookie99 Manager, CETG

Initially I would have told myself to do more research to know more about the company leadership. The first few years I was a wall flower it wasn't until I learned the importance of networking and getting over my fear of public speaking did my career take off. If I had a do over I would have crawled out from under the rock sooner!

I have been here for 7 years. I started as a contractor and was hired perm after 4 years. I think that your experience here completely depends on your group/department. Cisco as a whole supports women, but in some orgs, it can be very difficult to be heard as a woman. The more technical the group, the less they respect other roles that are not technical, even though they are imperative to the teams. And this goes more for female members. There are several great very active groups for women and also some huge events pretty much quarterly to network with other women. The Executive Shadowing program is a great perk, as well.

Lady With Attitude

Cisco offers some great leadership training programs. Build relationships and find mentors.

Lady Opal

Don't be afraid to negotiate a higher salary from the beginning. Learn the leadership qualities the company is looking for and make time every day to improve them in yourself. Nobody looks out for your career but you! You can mimic male leadership but you must be genuine in your own style and relationships. Strive for excellence in one or two areas of your position that click with you, become the expert. For instance, I became excellent at marketing automation programs. These programs are now being used at almost every large company.

Lady anon24 Business Development/Capture Manager, U.S. Public Sector

The transition can be difficult because it is a very fast paced company. Depends on your previous environment. Prepare to work extra hours and make sure you eliminate other responsibilities, such as housework, to the extent possible. One great aspects is there is such an open communication in Cisco. I always knew I could call a VP as easily as I could call a college intern, and have a meaningful conversation on the topic I was pursuing.

Women Review Cisco Systems for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Cisco Systems by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.7 stars, based on 76 reviews Company Website Lady supviswa Lady Cookie99 Lady anon21 Lady With Attitude Lady Opal Lady anon24