Citigroup

www.citigroup.com/
2.9

Madam karmaqueen

I only interned at this company for a year, but overall everything seemed very equal. I witnessed a lot of women rising to higher management/executive roles.

Lady Millie

Sr Vice President

Citi Ventures

Citigroup is a depressing place to work these days in general. The company is too big and innovation is nascent. It's hard to get anything done and the banks are generally being regulated to death. Citi Ventures, in particular, has entire team turnover every 2-3 years. Not only that, but nearly every Managing Director that has left the team has sued for various levels of wrongful termination. If you come in as less than a Managing Director, there is no career mobility or career development. You will be support staff for the MDs, who all just want to get back to a real VC. It's also tough to work there because you want to invest in and help all these cool startups you meet, but Citi is very limited in investment ability due to said regulatory issues, and the chances of the startup actually getting a pilot inside of Citi are slim. It's a painful, painful process to get anything done at this company.

Today Girl

I was in a long distance marriage and got support from management to work remotely. Was great.

Madam P

I've worked in both the Banking and operational sides of the Company. More equal treatment and opportunity in the Banking side. Operations is stuck in the 70s when it comes to women. Worked at Citi for 15+ years. Earlier in career worked with female managers who were inclusive, mentored and advanced female staff. Very different experience working for managers in recent years. Currently, women in junior officer and administrative roles are left out of Women's organizations, networking and mentoring.

Maybe. Opportunities, but not for all women

Lady Nirvana

Head of Consumer MENA

HR

N/A

Lady citiinnyc

Human Resources

HR

great place to work, lots of opportunity and its a meritocracy for both men and women

Lady frogger86

Definitely a lot of men in senior roles. The overall challenges of the company make mobility difficult.

Maybe. When a company is not on strong financial footing it is not great for anyone and does not attract great colleagues

Madam Learner

Vice President

Mortgage

Citi is a great company with great benefits...however, I have found it to be quite risk averse (of course, I can only speak to my group) and that can limit our ability to be effective. I also think there is a tendency to try to do things they way they have always been done and while I don't think the wheel always needs to be reinvented, I am afraid Citi Mortgage can get in a rut that is quite frustrating and feels like we are always chasing instead of leading. All that being said, I do feel that women have equal opportunities at Citi. I never feel marginalized due to my gender. What I said above is based on style and nothing to do with gender bias.

Madam anon524

Client Onboarding Manager

Account Services Unit

I have worked here for 8 years and its pretty busy and demanding environment. I am managing a team of 8 specialists now so it is even more busy and demanding. My manager is respecting the fact I have small kid at home and need to leave office sharp 5 pm. Hi is also closing his eye on my leaving on time and being late from time to time, however he did not accept me working on flexible hours scheme as he was afraid it would affect team training and team management.Citi is quite good with maternity leave, they paid 26 weeks full salary, next was on statutory government base which was 136,00 £ per week ;/

Madam anon417

Analyst

I believe this is a good company to work for, based on my experience with previous companies, where the benefits were subpar compared to the benefits offered here. There is a diversity between gender and ethnicity amongst different positions and growth within the company is promoted. The company offers 13 paid weeks of maternity leave, matching what you are eligible for through FMLA. Compensation is based on your performance, but varies greatly depending on your position within the company.