Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Clinique to join us.

Crate & Barrel Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

Crate and Barrel has historically provided excellent product training, which goes a long way toward job mastery and career satisfaction. The corporate offices were a wonderful environment -- there's a gym, mothers' rooms, a great lunchroom with hot meals, and a ton of natural light. It can be a marvelous place to make a commitment for a long-term career -- many in upper management started out as part-time retail salespeople, which is inspiring.

Flexibility depends immensely upon position and location. Retail positions have the least flexibility. The flexibility and work-life balance are better opportunities at the Corporate level, but depend completely upon the specific department and upper management.

SOTI Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

That this is a male dominated industry and that if you don't have a male executive in your corner you will not progress.

Fayetteville Technical Community College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you plan on having kids here make sure you save up as many vacation days and sick days as possible.

This really varies depending on the supervisor. Some are a lot more flexible than others.

It's a shame they don't offer any paid maternity leave. We are forced to use all of our vacation and sick time which leaves us with nothing when returning to work. There is also a lot of pressure to come back to work as soon as possible.

Children's Cancer Association Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Warm, inclusive, hard-working culture with a female majority staff and all female executive team.

United Health Services Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Really push on the ability to work from home. They'll say you can, but in actuality you can't per company policy of "butts in seats".

Accurately describe the jobs when interviewing, not interview for one job and then surprise, when you show up the job is completely different.

Blue Ridge Partners Management Consulting, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be cautious and go into this company with eyes wide open. A lot of the work is extremely interesting, and the shorter nature of most engagements means you'll get a lot of experience, fast! Most of your coworkers will also be very friendly and collaborative. I have generally had a very positive experience in that sense, and I have grown substantially as a consultant. It is particularly notable that a small firm like Blue Ridge would have such a strong training and performance management program - we have an abundance of online and in-person courses, and most are top-notch. However, it's probably not a coincidence that our leadership team (managing directors and principals) is very white and male, with only 1 female. Working from home can offer great flexibility that would appeal to women in theory, but perhaps because we play in the PE space, the work, hours, and travel are much less predictable than they might be at a bigger consulting firm. Keep in mind that most of the senior men have stay-at-home spouses, which may explain why they don't seem to make an effort to make projects more predictable. I don't know that there's discrimination per se (women are supported and do get promoted at similar rates to men), but I also don't think there's any particular sense of urgency to increase diversity. The topic of maternity leave comes up over and over, and the partners seem to brush it aside. As of now, there is no company-paid leave, which is disappointing and also makes our company very uncompetitive benefits-wise in the world of consulting. And if you decide to get out and join a bigger consulting firm with better benefits? Prepare for an uphill battle. We have a very vague non-compete agreement, which - despite its in enforceability in virtually any jurisdiction - the powers that be may use to intimidate you into staying and/or not taking a new role. Don't take the bait - hire a lawyer to draft a release agreement and move on gracefully. It'll be money well spent.

Since we don't have offices, there can be flexibility when you're working from home (e.g., can drop off/pick up kids, can do a doctor's appointment/errand during the day). However, I've ended up traveling A LOT more than I was told I would (almost every week) and it's very unpredictable - I usually don't know where/if I'm traveling until less than a week in advance. This can be quite stressful, and makes it hard to plan.

There isn't any paid maternity leave, unless you count partially-paid disability. However, there is fairly generous unpaid leave. One woman I know took 6 months.

Marlin Hawk Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

It is a good company. I just wish more women were in leadership positions. Also wished more women were hired.Insurance only covers for one individual, doesn't cover anything re: family. Aside from this, you are able to take off of work for as long as you want, for this most part, which is nice.

Don't have a child.

Lowe's Companies Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.4

I would not recommend working here, unless you have few other options.

Granite Telecommunications Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The sales team is predominantly male and a viciously sexist boys club. Be prepared for inappropriate comments, misogynistic quips, and a complete lack of respect. Additionally, many women are unable to succeed at this company because the strict (no wiggle room at all) work hours (and additional unpaid expected hours) prevents them from being able to get their kids to school. Many women are repeatedly late but don't have an option not to be.

Toll Brothers, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

Take the initiative to teach yourself. Training is limited.