Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation

Lady lizt

Associate

Life Sciences

I would not depend on leaving it to the management to get my promotion/raise. I would fight tooth and nail for my dues. I would also speak up about why technical projects went to the men, and why women were kept out of the company's upcoming strategies.

Madam X

You must understand that this is an Indian outsourcing company at heart. The culture is harsh and abrasive. Internal systems (pay, expense reports, yadada) are all vintage early '90's and so fragmented it makes you wonder about the IT services being sold to clients. If you are at a Tier 1 firm such as Accenture, PwC, Deloitte, etc. DO NOT come over unless you can get into the C-Suite and will truly yield some influence and have true power. They are seeking experienced hires with promises of quick promotions due to growth and their alleged entrepreneurial spirit. DON'T fall for it. If you still want to go, make sure you get the salary you want up front or walk away. Salary adjustments are nominal and promotions primarily go to Indian Nationals (men 90-80% and women 10-20%) there area few token North Americans who advance but I have only seen NA males receive promotions in the last two years. My experience has proven this is an EEOC / lawsuit waiting to happen. I have chosen to leave and get out versus pursue legal action but please, do consider how you feel about being in situations where Indian National colleagues will be publicly abusive. If you disagree with the treatment and push back, you will be blackballed- not them, There is no reward or recognition of any note - just churn and burn.

Madam m3

Associate Director

Strategic Services

Very unstructured on-boarding process. For a technology company, terrible technical support. No instructions or information on how to get up and running on corporate computer systems.

Maybe. Jury is still out ...

Lady X

The majority of management are Indian males. They overload onshore employees and offshore work to staff that are not qualified.