Coleman Research

www.colemanrg.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Coleman Research to join us.

Mid-State Technical College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Watch your back. Other women may not support you. HR will not support you, even if your concern is legitimate. They are only interested in mai training appearances.

Take women in staff positions seriously when they say they have concerns. Don't expect women's concerns are addressed by hiring women in leadership positions. Women can treat other women very poorly if they feel threatened by them.

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is good work/life balance. Some of the sexism is implicit, and occasionally but less often explicit. Maternity leave is OK, not amazing, not awful. They do cover fertility treatments.

It depends on the job. While policies encourage more flexibility like work from home, it is frowned upon the higher up you go in the orginization. The CEO likes to face time. Physically being in the office is an unofficial rule for those that want to advance in the company....specifically at headquarters....otherwise your career will suffer the consequences.

Provide more opportunities for women to advance. BCBSMA pats itself on the back for having a few women in senior leader roles. What about the rest of the company? What about Vice President, Director, and Manager roles?

The Office Providers Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The whole womens rights / gender equality isn't really a 'thing' here - it's almost strange to talk about it as everyone is treated completely equally.

City of Brook Park Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

unless you are a model who wants to just get paid for doing nothing this is not the place

Improve how people are paid and treated....like the good looking girl with no education, no experience gets paid about 40 percent more than the rest of us

University of la Verne Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great benefits including free tuition for immediate family, 10% matching contribution to retirement

My maternity leave hours were deducted from vacation time. Maternity leave is good but not breaking through any boundaries.

Centrica plc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Maternity leave is very good but head office location makes it tricky for drop offs/pick ups if you don't live nearby.

Risk Management Solutions, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Have your baby somewhere else and then come work at RMS. The Maternity leave policy is antiquated. This is especially odd for a Silicon Valley tech company.

OTG Management Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Senior leadership is male dominated, and there is one female executive in charge of global business development. The leaders at the top are not very self aware and don't pay attention to internal problems and how to fix them; they are focused mostly on the appearance of the company instead of the important substance that makes up their company. It's growing too fast and communication from top down is awful.

University of Texas Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The School of Social Work is great, but beholden to the State of Texas standards. The vacation and sick time are generous, and you can sign up for STD. Healthcare is great for you and dependents and there is childcare on campus, if you're enrolled. However, because it's the state of Texas, there is 0 paid medical leave, so you have to save your PTO hours up and use that. There are also complicated rules about how much sick vs comp vs PTO you can use in a week. While HR might tell you if you ask/dig, I made my own spreadsheet based on accruals and deductions from my PTO bank to try and estimate/limit my wage disruption. UT has 20k employees and a monthly class for retirees to access their benefits but no such option exists for anyone going on FMLA. So, you can do it well, but you have to work it (and save up your PTO). Also, my particular program had a terrible director in terms of EIQ and labor standards. So, it's a mixed bag.

JRD & Associates Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The policies are inconsistent and are based on the owner's feelings and whims. The boss also questions your hours constantly, expects you to be available before and after business hours, and enjoys long lunches even if it results in employees staying late that day to complete deliverables. Policies do not support women who are pregnant. One employee was called while she was in labor for an update on a deliverable which she had already sent via email before she left for the hospital. She then had to bring her baby to work because she had no leave. When I became pregnant, the boss gave me a guilt trip for not telling him sooner than 8 weeks. During my pregnancy, after a few lunchtime doctor's appointments, the entire company received an email saying that we had to take PTO for all doctor's appointments, even if they happened at lunch and even if we worked our 8 hours before/after the appointment. Apparently it was ok to go out to eat (no PTO required) but not to go to the doctor. I began going to the doctor before work at 7am. I created a maternity leave plan which the boss refused to read or talk about. A week before I was due, I asked to work from home and was told no. I then said I would have to begin taking my PTO because I was too swollen to sit at a desk, and was told that my leave was "not approved." I had trouble getting information about insurance and had to work directly with the insurance company to figure out my short-term disability plan. The owner then expected me to return to work after the STD ran out, with a 4 week old baby. I quit instead.