College of Nurses of Ontario

www.cno.org/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at College of Nurses of Ontario to join us.

Regen SW Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

To negotiate hard when going in to the role as hard to get future pay rises

Cemex Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Work smart and hard and be willing to go above and beyond.

Midwest Community Bank Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Run for the hills. Not only are their benefits the worst I've ever seen in my 12 years of working experience, but they do not even have a written maternity policy. When I got pregnant, I thought perhaps they would finally implement something into their policy, but this never happened and I received ZERO compensation for the time I took off. I was told I was lucky to even be able to take any time off, which was interesting seeing that I was protected through FMLA. I paid over 1500 a month for our insurance premium PLUS our deductible was 5k a person! With no paid maternity leave, it was very hard for us to plan financially to make our mortgage payment during the three months I had no income and still have to pay our 1.5k insurance premium to get post-maternity care and keep up with my baby boy's dr visits. All while, knowing that the two brothers that own the bank privately made well into the upper six figures and had not a care in the world about their senior support staff struggling to raise a brand new family. It was very disconcerning. They also pay severely undermarket in general, but especially if you are a woman. I am a very high achiever, and I had to persistently ask for a performance review for over a year and a half before I finally got any feedback from my boss. When I finally did get the feedback, I had positive scores across the board and I went a step further and brought up compensation sharing industry averages from Robert Half's 2017 publication, noting that I was severely underpaid for my position and level of experience coupled with my recent stellar performance review. My boss granted me a 2k bonus immediately in good faith that I would receive a raise after the first quarter. Well that never happened, and the CEO (one of the brothers I mentioned earlier) decided to let me go with no warning, 2 week notice and certainly no severance. While I'm glad that I gained the experience there, that place for a woman is like working 50 years ago. I even witnessed the CEO fire his current assistant with no warning or valid reasoning as happened to me (she was the office mom type, middle aged woman who dressed in relaxed fit clothing) only to have her replacement already lined up, a younger, hipper version that seemed like arm candy. It was gross, and probably illegal. Unfortunately, I don't know if it's worth a legal pursuit. I'm hoping to warn women this way instead. They don't deserve your time or talent. I am very happy now in my current role and this experience really made me appreciate what I have now!

They have no written maternity leave policy. HR makes you feel lucky to get unpaid FMLA. Insurance is 1.5k per month with a 5k deductible per person. How can a modern household with two working parents afford this on top of a mortgage, car payment, etc with NO income???

Talen Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There needs to be higher compensation for the effort put in. A woman especially, working as a single mother needs more.

It's flexible in that I can pick my own hours which is good, however it takes a lot longer than I need to complete assignments and I can't pick as many as I want. I have to wait for QA to move on.

Maternity leave should be a year, and paid. Some countries do this. This is an important and critical time to bond with our children.

SRAM Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Don't expect to be promoted. "Boys' Club" runs the show here. Womens' input is not valued. No diversity whatsoever at the top, whether race or sex.

Bryan Cave LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

My department is a great environment for women. We have a fairly even number of men and women, and I have never felt as though women are treated any differently than men. We have flex schedule so work/life balance (expecially if you have kids) is great and never questioned.

Practice Fusion Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

I consistently feel like my opinion is valued and I have had several advancement opportunities within the organization. Practice Fusion has amazing women leaders across departments and there are now 3 women on the Executive team. While there isn't an equal distribution of women & men at the C-Suite, there is a conscious effort across the leadership team to get us there. We also have a Women’s Leadership Circle that provides peer support, professional development and networking for women within the company, which has been a great resource for helping women grow and advance both personally & professionally.

Opower Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.4

The company talks about promoting gender equality but women are docked for things like more traditionally "female" communication styles when it comes to review time, while men who are blatantly rude, dominate conversations unnecessarily, and pretty clearly attach less weight to women's perspectives are praised.

Lettuce Entertain You Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've been working here for about 2 1/2 years, and as a woman in this role, in this company, it's most common that we are perceived by customers and by managers and other roles as 'expendable' and/or without valuable input or observation, no matter what observations one has culled from seeing high turnover in various positions that have created instability and ultimately, income loss for individuals and the company/location overall through the years. Both in the male-dominated middle and upper management and corporate head levels, as well as the lower, female-dominated in-store managerial and serving roles, an increasing lack of employee development coupled with decreasing benefits has lowered morale and ultimately supported a more subjective individual review environment also resulting in a degradation in professional relationships. For part-time roles, such as "server" or "bartender", the restaurant minimizes scheduled hours so as to prevent qualification for benefits such as insurance or vacation pay. The availability of such scheduling is subjective, based on personal relationships with managerial staff. If one calls in sick, they are sometimes removed from their current schedule opportunities in the future. Therefore, the idea of maternity leave is ridiculous for the vast majority of women in these roles.

Albemarle Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

When working at this company I saw lots of "informal" accommodations for women with children. They were allowed flexible schedules so that they can get their jobs done but still pick up kids, etc... Also, there is a workout room with yoga and pilates classes - that was a huge hit as well.