Conisus

www.conisus.com

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Conisus to join us.

Bazaarvoice Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

Very flexible, but no PTO/Maternity leave for remote moderators; other positions may have these benefits but I'm not sure. All of my direct superiors are women.

Remote employees have very good flexibility.

RiverFront Investment Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is an old boy's club. It is challenging to break through.

Not for Pay, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Equal pay & opportunity. New thought leades in management roles.

East Penn Manufacturing Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Historically male dominated industry with possible growth potential for women.

Indiana University Of Pennsylvania Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Don't let the "boys club" rule! Challenge any level of bias against women and demand transparency within your department! Transparency and oversight is the only way women will get ahead.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

It depends on what position you hold. I think most professors have a lot of flexibility, but the support staff does not.

Smile Direct Club Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
1.4

Run as fast as you can. It is not a good place to work.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

New anti-work from home policy is just one of the many issues that exist

The Ivymount School, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Ivymount is an incredible place to work as a parent. The hours for admin staff are so flexible, working from home is more than supported, and family always comes first.

Mena Architects Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Company is small and management needs to make better decisions on which projects to take on. As a woman, you will be judged more harshly but as long as you understand the weight of carrying your own projects and can handle the polar reactions from management, then this company is a good stepping stone to a bigger company. I recommend "keeping your cool" at all times, you have to be the one in control of your emotions- the other party will lash out whenever they want.

Henderson County, North Carolina Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a county based EMS (emergency medical service) and you would expect some protection working for a government entity. Think again! I was 29, married and ready to expand my family. My husband and I sat down with our finances and my medical records and decided we wanted to start to try for a baby. I saw all of my doctors the following weeks to prepare them and myself for pregnancy. I contact my health insurance company to find out how much in deductible and co-insurance we would owe. We waited an additional month to mull over the idea of becoming parents. Then we tried, and bam, first try! I was pregnant. I am a county paramedic with heavy lifting, stressful situations, and possible physical danger. Other women where I work were able to get whatever accommodations they had asked for in the past, however, we now had a new boss. I was a high risk pregnancy from the start because of some medical conditions. Little did I know that after I went off the truck (ambulance) and into light duty (safe desk job), I would only get 4 weeks. Despite the 8 ft high by 12 ft across stack of boxes that needed to be sorted, I was told there was no more light duty left for me and sent home and told to consider the 4 weeks a gift since I was originally going to be given 3 weeks. I went off the ambulance at 23 weeks and I left work altogether at 27 weeks. I had only requested a total of 12 weeks of light duty and I knew there was plenty to be done. I was denied the additional 8 weeks, and told that my FMLA will run out shortly after the baby gets here and I may lose my job all together. Additionally, if I wanted to keep my job, I better get back to work as soon as possible to not "force" them into replacing me. This was their accommodation to me. I ended up very sick and in the ICU after my pregnancy. I feel the added stress of possibly losing my job played a roll in my seriously bad pregnancy. Although my husband and I consulted everyone we could think of before trying to get pregnant, apparently we forgot to ask my boss if it was a good time for him. I foolishly assumed since the other women had accommodations, I would too. I was wrong. We consulted 2 attorneys who basically said in North Carolina it is a right to hire/right to fire state and they can do whatever they want. After my son was born 5 weeks premature and in the NICU and the doctors and nurses had heroically saved my life, I decided to forget putting my company first and run the risk of losing my job and stay out the full 3 months for a total of 20 weeks without pay, a serious financial blow to my family with a new baby. I had now taken the "full" 12 weeks other women had (under FMLA) with my newborn before placing him in daycare, though thankfully my parents helped out and daycare was not often needed. I eventually went part time there, and now a full time mom, but that is only because we can afford to do that with my husbands salary now. I am a lucky person to be able to do that. Some are not so lucky and I feel their pain.

Cornerstone OnDemand Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

I've been with the company for about five years. There are some women in leadership roles but upper management and executive levels are predominantly men. Middle management has a good mix of genders, though. In general, the company's attitude towards work-life balance is good. There is "unlimited vacation" (with manager approval) and flexible hours. I've never had a problem getting in late or leaving early to get personal items done. You're still expected to get your work done but it can done in the time you make whether that is normal business hours or at night once the baby is down to sleep.

Nordstrom, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

No bonuses unless you're a manager, and no raises in a lot of departments. Cost of living raise is 0-3%, but usually about 1%. A lot of attention is paid to whether you get along with people or come across as inviting and smiley, regardless of your actual results. The word "b*tchy" was used regularly by my superiors to describe why I wasn't going to be promoted or given a raise, despite the fact that I got along very well with my peers. Other women received similar reviews. I was also criticized for not sharing more about my personal life and not getting emotional over feedback -- when my boss gave me negative feedback, he started crying, and remarked that he was surprised I wasn't crying myself. It later showed up on my formal review that I didn't convey I cared much about negative feedback and didn't take it seriously.