Contagious Communications

www.contagious.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Contagious Communications to join us.

Clinipace Worldwide Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

Clinical research is challenging and fast paced but it offers a lot of opportunity for those who put in the effort and time. There are many opportunities to learn and grow here.

Many employees can and do work from home. The management allows employees to do the work they need to, when the need to. We have core business hours but managers are easy to work with if something comes up or if you need to adjust your schedule. Great leadership.

Rêv Worldwide Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

I think the company is in the midst of a cultural transition. I've seen major changes (improvements) from 2-3 years ago to today. Be aware of the challenges (talk to others in the company) and ask the hiring manager what challenges you should be aware of. I've personally had multiple members of the executive team ask my opinion of how the company and executive team should improve, especially in regard to gender diversity/inclusion. I think the willingness to open the dialogue rather than ignore a potential issue is a great step.

I think the flexibility may vary depending on the role and position. In my particular department, we are given flexibility to arrange schedules or to work remotely when needing to take care of family or personal responsibilities. At the same time, sometimes planning efforts do not promote work-life balance.

More transparency across all levels of the company, regardless of gender representation.

Royal Caribbean International Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be prepared to work long hours

Homecare Homebase Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If your a woman of color, please make sure you can code switch very well. Never feel you can be yourself fully as you will be dinged and have many mental games played with you by upper management to break you. If your white then be someone who is trendy and cute and you will go far.

City Of Cedar Rapids Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The City seems to be fairly flexible with respect to flexible hours for taking care of children; however, the maternity leave could use a boost. Maternity leave requires you to use your vacation time and sick time, which usually only accounts for 5 weeks paid.

I worked from home for a portion, but had I not worked from home I would have only had the 6 weeks paid.

Gensler Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've been here for 2 years. The firm's board has multiple women (though not quite half), and a female co-CEO. The male-female ratio in the firm overall is pretty balanced for an architecture firm. I'm not an architect, and I imagine the climate would be very different if I were, but for those of us in admin/marketing roles, I think it's a great company to work for. The culture is truly great. The policies might be basic (15 days paid time off, minimal maternity leave, etc.), but the people on my team are super supportive and understanding. We tell each other when we have family obligations (pick-up from soccer practice, recital, doctor's appointment, lost dog crisis). Being able to ask for flexibility when needed and KNOW you won't lose points with the team for it beats having extra perks. The maternity leave is minimal and I know women in the firm struggle with it a bit, but I have not observed any "penalty" from women taking maternity leave.

Western Union Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The company truly has a very big heart but doesn't always live up to its ambitions. Its social purpose is inspiring. There are amazing and diverse female leaders at the VP level. Would love to see true balance at the executive committee level. Benefits and policies are old-school - e.g., HR is proud because now we can take up to 2 weeks of maternity leave before a birth. The company is trying to compete with digital and fintech players, and would like to see it take a page from Netflix and others so as not to fall behind in the talent war. When it comes to women, "packaging" matters more than substance, and women seem judged in ways that men are not. While there's a lot of good here, the company should do more to deliver on its promise.

FHI 360 Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women are treated fairly, but senior management is male dominated

Talley Management Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There were lots of women and mothers at Talley, men were in the minority. Maternity leave was the standard 3 months, and at no point did I feel pressured to come back early or not to take the full 3 months. When I came back to work, I was offered a perfect place to pump, complete with a sink and electricity. It worked out far better than I expected.

Sikorsky Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

A very fair and accomodating company. Not only are there numerous women in managerial and executive level positions, but there's no shortage of growth opportunities. Not to mention the ongoing training and classes - They even have their own "school" SMU. Things may change however now that Lockheed will be the new owner.