Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Coram to join us.

Valassis Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

The service division is predominately female but it's not as supportive as you'd hope. It can get catty and oddly competitive. Sales is more balanced. The majority of senior leadership is male but females aren't going for those roles. Leadership roles are few and far between due to a wide span of control. Most leadership roles are are located in corporate.

Flexibility is dependent on the department. Sales is very flexible. Service team is less flexible with a work from home day each week but the leadership runs a tight ship and relies upon outdated policies that can be punitive. The manufacturing division has little to no flexibility. There are targeting, marketing and new product divisions. I'm unsure of their flexibility.

Improve the available opportunity outside of corporate. They have a lot of talent and they aren't using it well; especially through using outdated policies.

Utah Community Credit Union Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2018

Open gender discrimination is not punished. One supervisor has asked me if/when I plan to have children. The same supervisor has openly admitted to gender based pay discrimination. Another woman in my department has asked what she could do for a raise on a few occasions. On one occasion, he told her, "You make plenty for a woman in [location]." On another occasion, he said, "You'll get remarried soon enough so your pay won't matter." Other discrimination is sneakier. A female coworker and I had been at the company a similar length of time, with similar responsibilities. When she left the company, our hourly pay was nearly the same (no more than ten cents difference). Her male replacement (who had less experience than both of us) was offered nearly a dollar more than I was being paid, 2.5 years into my time with the company. I've heard endless horror stories through the company whisper network. One woman was basically doing a job already but the position hadn't been officially created. She helped write the job description and it was all but promised to her, then a man with no experience in that area was given the position. He had, in his time in a different area of the company, a history of discriminatory hiring practices. He would outright ask women he was interviewing about family status and go as far as to say, "Why would I hire a mother of young children for this job when there are men not responsible for children who could do it?" Female turnover in his area was extremely high.

Stripe Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

The founders don't have kids and this really trickles down into the culture.

KIPP Foundation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Get what you can out of the experience, but keep your expectations conservative.

My manager is flexible and I've been able to find a good work/life integration, but that's not the case with all managers.

Spyder Trap Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

IRR, Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The owner is competitive with other women. She can be hostile and nasty, especially if she views you as a threat, especially where concerned with the attention of men.

My employer actually laid me off while pregnant, rehired me after my colleague left with disgust, then laid me when my daughter was born. Needed me back because she couldn't do my job.

The owner of this company created a hostile work environment, so if she sold the business, that would be a motivator to stay.

PayPal Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.2

November 2016

Benefits are very competitive, salary is good but higher for men, can be family friendly as it pertains to time off, flexible schedules, working from home but all depends on the department and VP that you have. Swings wildly from department to department

Managers not educated on how it works but very open to assisting. Company outsourced leave and you had to call when you went in. If it was an emergency it was very confusing

Greyhound Lines Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Don't work here if you expect respect for your personal life, want to be promoted or to be valued for your contributions. Do work here if you enjoy working excessive hours, micro-management, minimal pay increases (at most 1-3% annually), no bonuses, blackout dates on when you can take vacation, no time off during any holiday or summer/winter or spring vacations, and minimal training/ staff to help you do your job.

Promote women vs maintaining a "good old boys club", end excessive OT required of management w/o compensation or flex time, improve compensation, improve senior management leadership practices and interaction with all levels of employees

Areva Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women don't seem to make it past middle management and I strongly suspect pay is not equitable. BUT lots of flexibility. There are 6 weeks maternity leave paid for by Short Term Disability insurance. Up to 6 additional weeks can be taken, either unpaid or paid by using saved vacation.

Miller Coors Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

There are a lot of women working here, both in support roles and mid to upper-level management roles. I think this company is just starting to become aware that it could become more gender-friendly, and there is evidence that work is being done to make it happen. I am optimistic that it won't just be a "flavor of the month" initiative.