Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Corporate Traveler to join us.

First Congregational Church of San Rafael Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

relationships with leadership are key to evaluation of job performance and effectiveness in position

University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.3

Working here's OK if you're not a minority. Very biased and unfairness is blatant. Managers and leaders are the main culprits. Morale is very low.

Mitratech Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very cliche. The guys will take the work away from you. You have to be aggressive to get experience on projects. There is very little time they give for a social life after work since you often are expected to work weekends and late at night. Without it you'll never get a promotion, but even with it there's little chance of promotion because they mostly hire outside for senior positions.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Often worked weekends. Going home to pick up the kids from school was not accepted.

U.S. Federal Government Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.4

good benefits

Beacon Health Options, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2016

They are not family friendly. While there are lots of women in leadership positions, there is very little flexibility from my department head (a man) in terms of work hours, remote working, or schedule shifting for family related emergencies. Or if there is you are retaliated against for using it. It's discriminatory. To make it worse myet supervisor (female) commits feminist crime by not supporting her female employees and being out for herself.

All paid leave was PTO or short term disability, not actual company paidoes leave. Had I not had PTO and elected to enroll in the short term disability benefit it would have all been unpaid

I select multiple options....work life balance and improve family leave (from nonexistent existent to existent!)

M&T Bank Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

The company just introduced a new Parental Leave policy that offers 12 full weeks of leave to employees who have been with the company at least a year. The policy can be used interchangeably between mother and father but one has to be designated as the primary caregiver. They also recently started installing permanent Nursing Mothers rooms at corporate locations across the footprint. Still a lot of issues to work out here (scheduling, volume, etc) but both items were rolled out less than 2 months ago so I expect to see some improvements down the road. We just finished up performance reviews and I saw no sign of promotions being distributed unfairly or with bias towards a particular gender. However, this is the banking industry and it would be ignorant to say that this is a fair playground. There is definitely a "old boys club" feel in the air. All in all, a great company to work for that is always looking for ways to make employees happy. Like any large company, it takes a second to get things rolling.

The University of Manchester Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

definitely a gender balance issue in the physical sciences

FedEx Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Most of the employees (including management and upper management ) are men. There are women employed here but I say less than 10% of employees are female. It's a laborious job and does require a lot of frequent, heavy lifting. Men and women will help you lift a package if you need the assistance, but it is a job for a woman that is physically fit or has the desire to be fit. Since I've been working here I've improved my strength significantly. When I first started it was difficult for me to lift 30 pounds above my head, but it was doable. Now I'm lifting 60 pounds, 70 pounds above my head so my strength and stamina has improved, which is great! They are very flexible with vacation, and school. I've received 5 pay raises since I began and now make $2/hour more than when I was hired. They also offer health insurance for part-time employees and full-time (full coverage for both) for $20.00 and depending on your coverage (if you get all dental, vision and health) can be as low as $10/month. They also give college students $1,500/year with grade reports submitted. So they do support education for their employees. There is no dress code, just wear something that isn't too baggy because you could be seriously injured if you wear baggy clothes as a package handler. In the winter it can be brutal because it isn't well heated. Even though there is heat the dock doors are opening and closing often with trucks leaving and coming so be prepared to be cold or spend some money on winter clothes (Carhartt suits are recommended). Other than that it's a great place to work.

Satuit Consulting, Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2015

We are flexible with time and give 4 weeks vacation as a standard.

Walkabout Collaborative Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2015

As a start-up I would have told myself to double the amount of savings reserved before generating income from the business. Other women should know that we are building a company to help people build the professional lives they want.