Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Data Device Corporation to join us.

Attune Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2018

They genuinely care about work/life balance. They revisit and revise polices appropriately-- e.g., the company is barely a year old and has already revised their family leave policy. They often send out surveys to garner feedback, and action on the results.

Leadership is understanding of family priorities

Bentley Systems, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2018

They support women at Bentley. They value their experience and listen to their voices.

Grange Co-op Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women in management are expected to be passive and quiet...

California Closets Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The independent franchise owner was very flexible about me taking unpaid maternity leave. Paid maternity leave was not available.

It depends on if you work for an independent franchise owner or corporate. More flexibility with independent franchises.

My employer was an independent franchise owner and was very flexible and supportive of maternity leave during this time. I did come into the office 2x to have meetings with the team to stay up to date.

McCormick Theological Seminary Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The women can be more difficult and inflexible to work for than the men in many cases. Careful not to prejudge the situation.

They are very flexible as long as it doesn't take too much time or begin to interfere with duties... of course, that is to be expected.

This is difficult to determine. I would like to improve my compensation along with another position of duties to justify an increase. this is not possible right now, so it's a kind of Win/lose situation as far as promotions, movement or compensation.

Blue Ridge Partners Management Consulting, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be cautious and go into this company with eyes wide open. A lot of the work is extremely interesting, and the shorter nature of most engagements means you'll get a lot of experience, fast! Most of your coworkers will also be very friendly and collaborative. I have generally had a very positive experience in that sense, and I have grown substantially as a consultant. It is particularly notable that a small firm like Blue Ridge would have such a strong training and performance management program - we have an abundance of online and in-person courses, and most are top-notch. However, it's probably not a coincidence that our leadership team (managing directors and principals) is very white and male, with only 1 female. Working from home can offer great flexibility that would appeal to women in theory, but perhaps because we play in the PE space, the work, hours, and travel are much less predictable than they might be at a bigger consulting firm. Keep in mind that most of the senior men have stay-at-home spouses, which may explain why they don't seem to make an effort to make projects more predictable. I don't know that there's discrimination per se (women are supported and do get promoted at similar rates to men), but I also don't think there's any particular sense of urgency to increase diversity. The topic of maternity leave comes up over and over, and the partners seem to brush it aside. As of now, there is no company-paid leave, which is disappointing and also makes our company very uncompetitive benefits-wise in the world of consulting. And if you decide to get out and join a bigger consulting firm with better benefits? Prepare for an uphill battle. We have a very vague non-compete agreement, which - despite its in enforceability in virtually any jurisdiction - the powers that be may use to intimidate you into staying and/or not taking a new role. Don't take the bait - hire a lawyer to draft a release agreement and move on gracefully. It'll be money well spent.

Since we don't have offices, there can be flexibility when you're working from home (e.g., can drop off/pick up kids, can do a doctor's appointment/errand during the day). However, I've ended up traveling A LOT more than I was told I would (almost every week) and it's very unpredictable - I usually don't know where/if I'm traveling until less than a week in advance. This can be quite stressful, and makes it hard to plan.

There isn't any paid maternity leave, unless you count partially-paid disability. However, there is fairly generous unpaid leave. One woman I know took 6 months.

The National Campaign Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Small company (~35 employees) that is made up of predominantly women. Employees are well-compensated for a non-profit, are offered good benefits (health and dental insurance, maternity leave, flex hours, summer hours, etc.), and have the chance to work on a great mission.

6 weeks of paid leave (through maternity leave and short-term disability leave). Following that, able to use vacation hours for another few weeks of leave, and was able to work part-time for another few weeks before coming back to work full time.

Sophos Group plc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked here for 2 year and there are a lot of woman working here - more than the average for an IT company. Unfortunately it's getting thin mid-level and above. Promotions are highly political. No info on maternity leave.

McCalla Raymer, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2015

They are quite flexible when it comes to schedules in some departments, but when they want you to work overtime they are strict. Maternity leave is frowned upon. They want you to work all the time.

Matomy Media Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2015

Great benefits, and clear equality between male and female employees.