There are lots of great co-workers, but my interaction with any upper level folk is very limited.

Remote & flex hours are great. Haven't had an annual raise in 4 years, and now our division is being sold to a new company with little to no info being made available to us about the move.
Dell_Dudette

Dell is a great place to work if you value flexibility and enjoy working with a truly global team. They have dramatically increased their remote workforce over the last 5 years; and from what I read/hear, it's their intent to continue to expand that until nearly all positions are FT or PT remote. (It's not all about employee satisfaction; it's also cheaper to pay people a small remote stipend than it is to keep a cube open.) You can still choose to work from the office if you prefer; but they are steadily converting their remaining buildings into an open office spaces -- which are pretty but completely impossible to work in. Benefits are pretty good overall, but be aware that they will no longer offer anything but high-deductible health care plans effective 2017. If healthcare is a key concern, it may be worth looking elsewhere.

Tech Sales Lady

Working in sales provides great flexibility with your schedule but taking time away from the job for vacation or maternity leave, seems difficult - at least from a culture perspective.

I am getting ready to take 8 weeks of maternity leave - we will see how it goes.
Lady BossTechBabe Inside Product Specialist IV, Data Security

I've worked at Dell for 4 years. Even though the tech industry is predominantly a male environment, Dell is by no means a bad place to work as a female and they're doing a lot of things right. But, as a part of the tech industry (a future thinking industry!), I would expect that things like maternity/parental leave and flexible work options (i.e. working remote) should be more progressed as well. Bottom line, their treatment of females in the work place is not going to blow your socks off either way - it's not terrible, but it's not great.

Generally, Dell is a great place to work as a female. There are many things they're doing right, but there's also a ton of room for improvement in many areas. The glass ceiling definitely exists here, and there is a huge double standard for women v. men.
Madam XYZ

Not many women at the executive level but many high performing women in non management. Generally flexible - get your work done and no questions will be asked kind of company.

Lady Geek

I've worked here 6 years and Dell does try to provide an equitable workplace, but we're all human and humans make decisions based on their own internal criteria. That said, I think Dell is a great place to work, that rewards hard work and success. It is a bit more difficult as a woman to get promoted, but that is improving. Great benefits, flexible work schedules, ability to work remotely all contribute to a positive environment.

Madam Tech Savvy Mama Marketing Manager, Marketing

I work here predominantly for the fact that the culture supports remote working. I now work 100% remotely, but while pregnant and for the first 6 months of my kid's life, I went into the office 1-3 times a week. I find that nearly every manager I have ever had here values flexibility and is open-minded to not striking the whip on the 8-5pm hours. So long as you get your job done on time, they let you have free reign of your schedule. It's easy to become a workaholic though because you want to do a good job to keep up with the talent surrounding you. I would definitely recommend this to all ambitious moms. If you are looking for a "scam-like" work from home job without reliable childcare, this is not the job for you. If you're ambitious, intelligent, and okay with ambiguity, this is the perfect place as a working mom to get the flexible schedule and working locations you need while being mentally challenged and respected for the work you do.

Lady viralanomaly Compellent

The location I am at is generally good about treating women and men equally, but some of the remote locations we deal with are rather chauvinistic. There is no guidance for maternity leave, you just have to talk to the last person to go through it. The maternity leave was not at full pay, and you had to use all but 1 week of your vacation and sick time.

Lady Shine Marekting Senior Ops Advisor, Marketing

I've worked as an intern and now will be starting as a full time employee in June. During my internship I observed there were lot of women working there specially in marketing department. I see Dell as an equal opportunity employer and had good gender diversity.

Lady Texan

There is a higher ratio of men due high tech but I have worked in 6 countries with Dell and been promoted 3 times , had 2 maternity leaves ..I have had the flexibility of partly remote working for 5+ years and it works for me and my family

Women Review Dell for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Dell by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

4 stars, based on 27 reviews Company Website anon1733 Dell_Dudette Tech Sales Lady Lady BossTechBabe Madam XYZ Lady Geek Madam Tech Savvy Mama Lady viralanomaly Lady Shine Lady Texan