Deloitte Consulting LLP www2.deloitte.com/us/en/services/consulting.html

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Deloitte Consulting LLP?
sirenlady85 Technology Consultant, IT

If you're don't have the support of senior leadership, you likely won't last. And everyone is looking for their support so look to stand out in some way. Demands for your time and effort are extremely high so be prepared for that. They are flexible with your time but not for long periods.

Kayak123

Keep demanding what's yours. Be aggressive with compensation discussions and make sure if your have ideas people know they are yours.

Analyst2016

It's a great place for women starting their careers. Lots of learning opportunities.

Give women equal opportunities to grow their careers
girlygirl0520 Human Capital Consulting

This is a fabulous place to work - I'd definitely recommend. I've learned more here than I thought possible. Getting the top ratings is definitely a secretive process so it's important to find mentors who can help show you the ropes, but they're not hard to find!

Skippy

The maternity leave policy is quite strong, and the firm supports providing new moms with the flexibility to dial down and spend more time with your kids as needed, That being said, Deloitte is a very rigid place. Dialing down does impact your career trajectory, and given the annual review process, a 6 month break may impact you for a whole year.

The overall policy allows employees to be out for a total of 24 weeks. Some paid, some unpaid. Maternity leave works like this: 1) 6 weeks of STD for natural birth, 8 weeks of STD for a Cesarean. 2) 8 weeks of Deloitte granted maternity leave 3) PTO. Normally, very few people use up their PTO, so most folks have banked time which can be applied to the"unpaid" time. Additionally, you continue to accrue PTO while you are on maternity leave (2.5-3 weeks depending on level and amount of time taken). Additionally, upon return, there are options to work short term on internal projects where travel is minimal.
I think culture differs both by industry and function, but overall, Deloitte tries very hard to help women make life choices post-pregnancy.
shufflepuffle Senior Consultant, Strategy & Business Development

I was in the China office, Beijing branch so things were somewhat different perhaps. As a consultant we didn't have amazing work life balance overall, however we did have quite a few working mothers who were able to stay on and continue with their work. Our workplace organized a lot of Women in Leadership activities and my boss was an amazing female leader, who provided great mentorship.

anon1497 Consultant

Great collegial culture here. The people really make the firm stand out.

Lady cm21 Business Analyst

I've been with Deloitte for 1.5 years. At the lower levels, women and men seem equal but the higher you climb, the fewer women there are. Although the company preaches diversity and supporting women, the reality is that women have to find other female supporters and the upper echelons are full of white males. As a woman of color, I find it especially hard to network which, given the politics of a consulting firm, hurts my advancement in the firm despite high performance. Maternity (and paternity) leave is pretty generous and I know plenty of women who take it but leave taken is still counted toward utilization so taking maternity leave significantly impacts your year-end performance rating when you return. The firm is also very flexible with arranging local projects to limit travel for individuals with that need. Overall, I would say Deloitte is a great place to work for young singles and women with school-age children.

Depends what life stage you are in--Deloitte has good maternity leave policies but the way the system is set up, you are still at a disadvantage for taking it.
Lady ConsultantFedGov Consultant, Federal

Highly competitive industry and workplace, with an "up or out" construct. Competitive culture outweighed the benefits in the end, though I loved the training, we had great clients, and so many of the people were amazing.

Lady ITstrat IT Consultant, IT Strategy

I have only been here for a couple of months so I can't say much, but so far it seems like women are as equal as men, but of course, just like everywhere else, top management is dominated by men.

Women Review Deloitte Consulting LLP for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Deloitte Consulting LLP by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.8 stars, based on 17 reviews Company Website sirenlady85 Kayak123 Analyst2016 girlygirl0520 Skippy shufflepuffle anon1497 Lady cm21 Lady ConsultantFedGov Lady ITstrat