Deloitte Consulting LLP www2.deloitte.com/us/en/services/consulting.html

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Deloitte Consulting LLP?
Lady cm21 Business Analyst

I've been with Deloitte for 1.5 years. At the lower levels, women and men seem equal but the higher you climb, the fewer women there are. Although the company preaches diversity and supporting women, the reality is that women have to find other female supporters and the upper echelons are full of white males. As a woman of color, I find it especially hard to network which, given the politics of a consulting firm, hurts my advancement in the firm despite high performance. Maternity (and paternity) leave is pretty generous and I know plenty of women who take it but leave taken is still counted toward utilization so taking maternity leave significantly impacts your year-end performance rating when you return. The firm is also very flexible with arranging local projects to limit travel for individuals with that need. Overall, I would say Deloitte is a great place to work for young singles and women with school-age children.

Depends what life stage you are in--Deloitte has good maternity leave policies but the way the system is set up, you are still at a disadvantage for taking it.
Lady ConsultantFedGov Consultant, Federal

Highly competitive industry and workplace, with an "up or out" construct. Competitive culture outweighed the benefits in the end, though I loved the training, we had great clients, and so many of the people were amazing.

Lady ITstrat IT Consultant, IT Strategy

I have only been here for a couple of months so I can't say much, but so far it seems like women are as equal as men, but of course, just like everywhere else, top management is dominated by men.

Madam LoneWarrior

I've worked here for 3 years and there are a lot of women working here, in both leadership and consultant roles.

Lady wrfc1991

Hard working culture, rewards are not distributed equally, you need a 'sponsor' in order to get ahead, and men seem to have greater access to sponsors and networking opportunities with key decision makers.

Lady Sofia Senior Consultant, Federal Human Capital

I have worked here for 6 years and, compared to other similar firms, there are many female leader role models to look up to and emulate. This company most certainly exudes values of gender equality, which are put into practice daily. However, Deloitte Consulting demands a high amount of work hours, commitment, and dedication, which can at times weigh on your work/life fit. This can affect all individuals, regardless of gender, etc. as one tried to navigate a thriving career and similar personal life.

Lady Beach2015

There are lots of flexibilities in my role as a senior manager. Performance expectations are high, but the quality of your teams and peers is top-notch. I think the company could do better to support the career growth of all its senior level managers, but in particular women. It is a very competitive environment and the performance measurements does not always promote collaboration and teamwork.

Lady koog_rules

I have been with Deloitte Consulting for 3 years. There are plenty of women executives that have opened doors from me from a networking perspective and an opportunity perspective. In my opinion, women are well supported at Deloitte and I would highly recommend it to others.

Lady Princess Sr. Con S&O

Deloitte is an awesome company first and foremost. But there is A LOT of red tape and politics that people don't ever talk about. People you "need to know", activities and projects you "need to work on", it gets exhausting. Everyone says find activities and projects here that make you happy and are personally fulfilling but if those things are not properly aligned to what the company deems valuable. . .you run the potential of getting dinged during your evaluations. Which of course affects your bonus, raises and promotions. Even with that being said I have NEVER learned soooo much and worked with so many amazing people in my life. I am a much better person as a result of my experience at Deloitte and if I ever leave the firm I know for a fact that I will be prepared for anything. Even with all the red tape and politics, Deloitte is a great company and for where I am right now in my career, there is NO BETTER place for me to be.

It would really depend on what their ultimate career goals were. As I see it in order to make it to the top here as a woman requires some level of giving up your personal dreams and goals.
Lady alo Manager, Human Capital

The PTO is generous, but rarely are you able to take it and meet your goals. Also, in the year of a major life event (marriage, baby), you will be penalized from a year end evaluation perspective for taking time off.

Women Review Deloitte Consulting LLP for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Deloitte Consulting LLP by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.8 stars, based on 20 reviews Company Website Lady cm21 Lady ConsultantFedGov Lady ITstrat Madam LoneWarrior Lady wrfc1991 Lady Sofia Lady Beach2015 Lady koog_rules Lady Princess Sr. Con Lady alo