Diablo Valley College

www.dvc.edu/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Diablo Valley College to join us.

Yankee Candle Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The same thing I shared in my previous statement. I think that speaks volumes.

What I did not know prior to working for Yankee Candle, which was not mentioned to me until my second week of employment is that they have a no room for discussion, 1 minute late policy. If you are more than one minute late three times you will lose your job. 1 MINUTE PEOPLE!!!! I worked at a location where I was about 20 years older than the rest of the staff who were all from the local College. The problem with this is you have 20 yr olds trying to manage an older mature person and it seems they aren't mentally capable of doing so no matter how grown they may seem. As a parent of 3 twenty-something year olds I feel my children are very mature, yet not one of them is mature enough to be a manager of an entire Yankee store. The other thing that angered me beyond belief is they hired people knowing they didn't have a car and relied on public transportation. Then when something goes wrong and the MTA train doesn't get there within that one minute late policy, they fire the people knowing full well they rely on public transportation whose timing is certainly beyond their control. My first week being employed there a 21 year old single mother was fired after she sprinted from the light rail running at full pace toward the store and the manager didn't like her and was watching from the window praying she would be late so she could fire her. She actually relished the idea which in my opinion is sickening. As a person who was a single mother for 15 years of my life I quit that day and will not reapply. This is a very sad situation as I love the company itself and all of their products. What's worse is the district manager is only about 4 years older than the store manager and they sat there and laughed about this girl getting fired. They planned this out the day prior knowing if she was late they were firing her. I heard their entire conversation. So the next day, after she got a babysitter, took the time to get ready & come in to work, they let her go right there on the spot. I've never seen such a thing in my life.

Management seems to want the younger, college aged employees front & center. Older people have put applications in just to have them stuck on the bottom of the pile. Also, anyone who isn't "in the clique w/ Mgmt." is quickly disregarded, their concerns go unheard & are definitely unheeded.

Universal Weather and Aviation, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great work and life balance, and family is always put first.

United Dairy Farmers Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If your planning on having kids or want to spend a good amount of time with your kids working full time . this is not the job for you!

They should give women paid maternity leave

Airbnb, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is a glass ceiling for women. Women are not hired into upper level positions, and they're seen as not committed if they have children or family activities. The biggest perpetrator is the hiring team itself and it is obvious.

Universal Music Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I didn't feel like women were somehow disadvantaged over men. There were a number of men in leadership positions with a lot of women in support roles. But there were also female leaders who I thought were given a lot of power. Some of the issues I had with the company had little to do with the fact that I was female (although it is the music industry.)

DeFeo Manufacturing Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've been here for 2 years part time. After getting divorced and needed to get my own health insurance, I asked the boss if he can come up with a plan to help me. No luck; he actually reduced my hours after I requested working more. A lot of guy-talk, not too professional here.

DIGO Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

N/A

Creative Circle Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2015

I'm relatively new to the company but really like the positive atmosphere and community feel.

Connecticut Judicial Branch Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

I came there from another clerks office in Connecticut. I thought that it would be pretty much the same across the board but it was pure hell I took the job based on a position that I found out later was never available. The only reason I took the job was because of the experience I was going to be getting. I was hired on a lie and then when I started to question the whole situation then I was public enemy number one. My supervisors yelled at me called me incompetent . Got mad at me for not know things that I was never told. I found out later that this was something that they did and that there had ben other people before me who had gone through the same thing and experienced the same thing. A few people quit there jobs because they just couldn't take it anymore. Mary Na Catherine were to two supervisors from hell. The worst part is everyone knows how bad it is yet no one knows what to do......don't work there under any circumstances......Clerks office new haven Connecticut GA23.

Haust Digital Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

This is a very exciting start up company with a lot of potential. My advice to women is to be dependable and honest.