Digital Kitchen

thisisdk.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Digital Kitchen to join us.

Grace Academy Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

Be prepared to not to work up to your potential

Chester School District Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It’s a good school district, but there can be inequity in decisions.

Yankee Candle Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The same thing I shared in my previous statement. I think that speaks volumes.

What I did not know prior to working for Yankee Candle, which was not mentioned to me until my second week of employment is that they have a no room for discussion, 1 minute late policy. If you are more than one minute late three times you will lose your job. 1 MINUTE PEOPLE!!!! I worked at a location where I was about 20 years older than the rest of the staff who were all from the local College. The problem with this is you have 20 yr olds trying to manage an older mature person and it seems they aren't mentally capable of doing so no matter how grown they may seem. As a parent of 3 twenty-something year olds I feel my children are very mature, yet not one of them is mature enough to be a manager of an entire Yankee store. The other thing that angered me beyond belief is they hired people knowing they didn't have a car and relied on public transportation. Then when something goes wrong and the MTA train doesn't get there within that one minute late policy, they fire the people knowing full well they rely on public transportation whose timing is certainly beyond their control. My first week being employed there a 21 year old single mother was fired after she sprinted from the light rail running at full pace toward the store and the manager didn't like her and was watching from the window praying she would be late so she could fire her. She actually relished the idea which in my opinion is sickening. As a person who was a single mother for 15 years of my life I quit that day and will not reapply. This is a very sad situation as I love the company itself and all of their products. What's worse is the district manager is only about 4 years older than the store manager and they sat there and laughed about this girl getting fired. They planned this out the day prior knowing if she was late they were firing her. I heard their entire conversation. So the next day, after she got a babysitter, took the time to get ready & come in to work, they let her go right there on the spot. I've never seen such a thing in my life.

Management seems to want the younger, college aged employees front & center. Older people have put applications in just to have them stuck on the bottom of the pile. Also, anyone who isn't "in the clique w/ Mgmt." is quickly disregarded, their concerns go unheard & are definitely unheeded.

Staples Canada Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
1.5

It will depend a great deal on whether you are in the US or in Canada, and which department you are in. There are a lot of tenured employees and while that makes for great institutional knowledge, it also makes for a lot of very old-fashioned attitudes and approach.

I believe other departments in the organization may be more flexible than the one I am in - it relates directly to the leadership.

My department is led in a manner that is extremely outdated. Recent news indicates the company may be acquired; so it is unlikely that any one action will make an appreciable difference at this point.

WJ Weiser & Associates, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Micromanagement is unbelieveably high - to the point of the CEO walking through the office to make sure that everyone is at thier desk with thier computer on by 8:30 sharp, and still at thier desk with the computer on at 5:30 sharp. If there is a natural disaster, and you are unable to get into the office - there goes one of your vacation days! And you only get 10 days off (sick and vacation combined) so losing one due to circumstances way beyond your control is huge. And, working from home is counted as a day off - because apparently adults cannot be trusted to work from home.

Fleishman-Hillard Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women are treated fairly. Work/life balance is not ideal for either gender. I'm no longer with the company, and I have heard they have taken initiatives to strike a better balanced but cannot personally attest. Great resume builder.

Pocket Gems, Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

A lack of women in leadership roles is concerning, but as a whole the company is motivated and encouraging of diversity and inclusion.

Enterprise Holdings Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.1

I worked for this employer for over a decade. There are a lot of inter-office politics that women often do not benefit from in the end. Performance is supposedly rewarded, but not without meeting unrealistic goals. Additionally, those that are in executive leadership roles tend act condescendingly to support staff.

Airtime Media Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2015

It's an engineering focused company, which unfortunately means that the ratio of female to male is 1 to 4. Recruiting efforts have been focused on building a more diverse workforce but until more women engineers are available, not a lot will change. The company offers generous benefits and a good work-life balance.

NYU School of Medicine Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2015

i have worked here 17 years and had four pregnancies. the leaves were all under different managers and really reflected that. some were wonderful and understanding. others wanted to report me to HR because the week before i was expected back i wanted to extend leave a week b/c my daughter had scarlet fever (this after heart surgery). they were inflexible. they wanted to dock me for pumping. it's a mixed bag because all things are left up to supervisor, and if you have a nice one things are great, if not, things are not. nyu school of medicine.