Domestic Violence Services Network, Inc.

dvsn.org/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Domestic Violence Services Network, Inc. to join us.

Fayetteville Technical Community College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you plan on having kids here make sure you save up as many vacation days and sick days as possible.

This really varies depending on the supervisor. Some are a lot more flexible than others.

It's a shame they don't offer any paid maternity leave. We are forced to use all of our vacation and sick time which leaves us with nothing when returning to work. There is also a lot of pressure to come back to work as soon as possible.

Maybe. They are a pretty good employer with decent benefits. However, they have no maternity leave so you are forced to use up all your vacation a sick leave. Also, men tend to get promoted over women at times especially when needing to diversify when there is a lot of women.

Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great opportunities and support for female leaders! Overall, this is an inclusive and respectful organization, and it continues to change based on employee feedback.

Flexibility depends upon department and business needs but generally flexible

Paternity leave is 6 weeks!

Art Van Furniture Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Not very family friendly. Unflexible hours and management is predominantly males. Some women have been promoted but the cuttthroat atmosphere doesn't lend itself to mentoring or support.

DramaFever Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you can tolerate a micro-aggressive boss who constantly tells you, "This is something you should have known", "You should know this by now", "I just said ... ", and not feel totally down by what your boss said, then this is the perfect company for you.

Foster a more supportive learning environment for female employees and eliminate that stigma that women should learn by themselves and not bother others for help.

LehmanMillet Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Despite having women (who have children) in executive positions, the work-life balance is all over the board. For some positions (like mine), working 8:30 to 5:30 is par for the course. For other positions (account mostly), working until 8 pm on weeknights or on weekends occurs regularly. From my point of view, women are treated as valuable as men, which is refreshing. One issue to be aware of is the lack of maternity leave -- currently there is no policy and the 6-12 weeks (at a doctor's discretion) is paid at 60% under short-term disability. There is a lot of flexibility in day-to-day work/life balance: taking kids to the doctor/going on field trips with kids/parent-teacher conferences are all things management understands and encourages.

Maybe. Work/life balance is more flexible than other agencies, but maternity leave is non-existent. So it depends where you are in your life. Mid-late 20s? Great place for you. Childbearing age looking to start a family? Maybe stay at your current company if they have a better leave policy. Already have kids? Your work hours could be standard 8:30 to 5:30....but depending on the position...you could work the weekends and late nights.

Trotec Laser Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a U.S. subsidiary of a European company. Two of the four Director roles in the U.S. are filled by women. I think this is a great place for a woman to work who's starting her career and wants her work to be valued and seen. There is a small company/office feel day-to-day with the network and infrastructure of a global corporation guiding the strategy. With that comes the good and bad of each scenario. However, all of the global leadership roles are filled by men. We run into subtle discrimination against our gender and also because we are not European. Overall, I still like it.

ThisWeek Community News Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 15 years and most of the women are in predominantly in support roles. The ratio of women to men is 70 percent men and 30 percent women. Women are NOT treated fairly as management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to have their voices heard. Most feedback falls on deaf ears. Suggestions by men get implemented while suggestions by women do not. Women are repeatedly passed over for promotion in favor of a less or non-qualified man. This has happened to me personally. I was passed over for promotion in favor of a less qualified man. I had years of leadership experience garnered from the military and this person (my current immediate boss) did not. Nor was he qualified in the digital content arena. His knowledge was only print. Yet he was elevated to Digital Managing Editor over me (the more qualified person) in 2010. Now I've had to put up with his ineptitude for 4 years (I spent one of those years deployed so that doesn't count 2011-2012). I have only stayed there since due to necessity. I cannot quit as I need what little money I get and I needed the health ins to pay for my recent knee surgery and recovery because the VA refused even though it was service-connected. My recovery is almost complete. I have one more checkup and I'll be released. So then I'll be free to quit this extremely toxic workplace for women and minorities to go somewhere where I will be able to utilize my leadership skills, contribute to the mission/big picture, make a difference and have job and life satisfaction. Nothing will change here. It is most certainly a dead end. No opportunity for growth, no perks, no work-balance (I work 70 hrs a week and get paid for 40). I know as a combat veteran I deserve better!

LexisNexis Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a lot of women who work here, however, high management positions are typically filled by men.

Procter & Gamble Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

July 2015

I have worked here for 14 years. It is an excellent place for women. The problem is not the gender equality but the speed of promotion. There are many rules and regulations that stop a stellar performer from reaching higher levels. Net, it is very good place for the good people but not the place for great people (no matter how great you are, the rules apply to everyone). It is also not a good place for people with entrepreneurial style. P&G is great but big and slow. I had to learn how to operate within this environment and still get things done but frankly after 15 years some days is tiresome. Equality wise, it is a great place that support women and offers equal opportunities to everyone.

C-DAC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2015

I've worked there for a long time, and stayed through having 2 children. I returned after both maternity leaves because the people I've worked with have been very supportive. I think it helps that I built up my credibility and reputation before having kids, and suspect it might be harder for someone with less tenure. They accommodated me when I wanted to go from full-time to part-time, which I achieved by taking a non-consulting, non client-facing role, but I’m happy with the work/life balance this gave me.