I have enjoyed the environment here and there are many opportunities for growth.

ILoveYaTomorrow

It's a tough time to be in this industry as it reshapes itself. For a younger employee, I would advise looking at digital media companies who are not struggling with the transition from print to digital.

depends on where they are in their career timeline.
bluejay Producer, Newsroom

Day-to-day experience are largely dependent on your direct manager. Benefits are pretty good. Keeping an eye out on the results of the investigation into the disparities in pay for women and minorities. Upward mobility is very much an issue also.

candyapple

Policies vary depending on who your manager is and how willing they are to work with you to maintain your work-life balance.

The vacation policy is generous and I was able to add an extra weeks using that.
It varies depending on your department and supervisor.
LadyWest

Insurance benefits are better than most. The company strives for equality, but fails because the infrastructure/systems/processes (to make it happen), is not here. This is an old establishment, and change is slower than start-ups. Regardless, I would encourage you to work here.

NYCMGR

day to day treated fairly but a lot of higher positions/growth opportunities/reviews are male focused

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews
HIRED CONSULTANT TO REVIEW PAY GAP
Nellie Bly Reporter

There are some women in high-ranking editorial positions but there should be more. The process for requesting a merit raise is daunting, but not insurmountable.

Go for it, it's a great place to work for a woman (or man for that matter!)

officelady

Dow Jones is a great place to work, the people and the culture is great. There are lots of opportunities for women to grow in their careers and opportunities are equal, lots of women in executives positions. Compensation could be better but is balances with hours flexibility.

NewFairy

The onboarding experience is poor and there is no concept of formal career development, although HR seems to think that offering training programs equates to this. There are lots of women in senior roles and opportunities to move around and progress.

Women Review Dow Jones for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Dow Jones by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.4 stars, based on 82 reviews Company Website anon2632 ILoveYaTomorrow bluejay candyapple LadyWest NYCMGR Nellie Bly anon1563 officelady NewFairy