"I've worked here for almost 3 years, and have found that women here are treated fairly for the most part...until it comes time to fill a senior management role. Overall, though, the company does emphasize work/life balance, and it's not unusual for employees - men and women - to duck out early to pick up the kids, or work from home when a child is sick."
N/A, Design
Would you recommend eBay Inc. to other women?
"Senior management for the most part is new and from outside the company -- mostly white and mostly male."
"I get to work on projects that I really enjoy. However great people seem to be leaving the company faster than great people get hired. On my org - perhaps less than in others- a man's opinion seems to count for more than a woman's of equal credibility and rank. It seems I've seen this happen more often than not that Women have to work harder and prove their points when men can make the same points and be believed with little or no proof. However the company as a whole is aware if the inherent unconscious bias and is making efforts to abate it."
Would you recommend eBay Inc. to other women?
"They are making an effort, but it's pretty clear that men have more influence"
"There is a huge gap between going from an hourly employee to a salary employee. Most require external experience to move forth. The company is working on improving these problems, but as of now, it is still a struggle."
Would you recommend eBay Inc. to other women?
"Leadership is a boy's club. Over the past few years there has been a lot of movement in Sr. Leadership and women have become less present in Leadership. Given the boy's club atmosphere, I'm not sure how they'll correct for this."
Would you recommend eBay Inc. to other women?
"I haven't experienced anything troubling with regard to my gender. The company enthusiastically celebrates LGBTQ rights and flies a rainbow flag, which is wonderful. After 5 years of employment you are awarded a 30-day paid sabbatical. Health coverage is good/decent (Blue Cross Blue Shield of California). I have not personally used maternity leave at this company but I believe it's 90 days - eBay U.S. could really improve upon this and set a better standard by offering 6 months as recommended by the World Health Organization."
N/A, Seller Risk Management
Would you recommend eBay Inc. to other women?
"I see close to 50% women in some parts of this company, which is super. I am not sure if that applies to all of the company though. There are also quite a few women at VP level."
Senior Member Techinical Staff, Data Analysis and Algorithms