Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Education.com to join us.

Advancing Women Executives Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

This is the ultimate place to work if you want to do something meaningful, learn about yourself and the world as you do it, and be surrounded by a group of intelligent, inspired individuals.

Gate Gourmet Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Avoid this company because of its culture, but it's equally bad for both genders.

Treat all employees with respect

Community Educational Outreach Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

An extremely stressful job made worse by a bad boss.

Start time was not flexible because you were teaching and had to monitor the lab. The end time was semi-flexible dependent on your class schedule.

Fire incompetent managers that harass their employees.

Rational Interaction Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great flexibility and a large percentage of women in key leadership positions.

Growth Philanthropy Network Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great if you want flexibility with time or working from home but no org culture.

Applied Card Technologies Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked there for 6+ years. There were no female role models and I was told I would only be allowed to go to schools (for half a day, once) on an outreach program for girls if I took time off or could prove the value to the business.

The Council Of State Governments Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Collegiality and hard work are valued here. Work life balance is part of the conversation here, however it can be elusive. Significant travel can be required, depending on the position, and expenses are initially covered by the employee, to be later reimbursed by CSG. This can be a significant financial burden on recent graduates just getting on their feet.

Telecare Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women are middle managers because of having MSW's, but this is high-burnout, high-risk, dangerous work that pays very little. I received many instances of sexual harrasment comments, some rape jokes, and I was disrespected in my role by male clients. Upper management at the site is predominantly male, and men were deferred to as policy-makers and authority figures. I had a great female boss who trusted my authority and gave me wide decision-making power, but her boss was an interrupter and did not listen to my suggestions. The pay is very very very low so I would not recommend this as there is not a hope of advancement.

Henderson County, North Carolina Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a county based EMS (emergency medical service) and you would expect some protection working for a government entity. Think again! I was 29, married and ready to expand my family. My husband and I sat down with our finances and my medical records and decided we wanted to start to try for a baby. I saw all of my doctors the following weeks to prepare them and myself for pregnancy. I contact my health insurance company to find out how much in deductible and co-insurance we would owe. We waited an additional month to mull over the idea of becoming parents. Then we tried, and bam, first try! I was pregnant. I am a county paramedic with heavy lifting, stressful situations, and possible physical danger. Other women where I work were able to get whatever accommodations they had asked for in the past, however, we now had a new boss. I was a high risk pregnancy from the start because of some medical conditions. Little did I know that after I went off the truck (ambulance) and into light duty (safe desk job), I would only get 4 weeks. Despite the 8 ft high by 12 ft across stack of boxes that needed to be sorted, I was told there was no more light duty left for me and sent home and told to consider the 4 weeks a gift since I was originally going to be given 3 weeks. I went off the ambulance at 23 weeks and I left work altogether at 27 weeks. I had only requested a total of 12 weeks of light duty and I knew there was plenty to be done. I was denied the additional 8 weeks, and told that my FMLA will run out shortly after the baby gets here and I may lose my job all together. Additionally, if I wanted to keep my job, I better get back to work as soon as possible to not "force" them into replacing me. This was their accommodation to me. I ended up very sick and in the ICU after my pregnancy. I feel the added stress of possibly losing my job played a roll in my seriously bad pregnancy. Although my husband and I consulted everyone we could think of before trying to get pregnant, apparently we forgot to ask my boss if it was a good time for him. I foolishly assumed since the other women had accommodations, I would too. I was wrong. We consulted 2 attorneys who basically said in North Carolina it is a right to hire/right to fire state and they can do whatever they want. After my son was born 5 weeks premature and in the NICU and the doctors and nurses had heroically saved my life, I decided to forget putting my company first and run the risk of losing my job and stay out the full 3 months for a total of 20 weeks without pay, a serious financial blow to my family with a new baby. I had now taken the "full" 12 weeks other women had (under FMLA) with my newborn before placing him in daycare, though thankfully my parents helped out and daycare was not often needed. I eventually went part time there, and now a full time mom, but that is only because we can afford to do that with my husbands salary now. I am a lucky person to be able to do that. Some are not so lucky and I feel their pain.

Laureate Education, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This company favors the "work-aholic" type. Advancement within a position takes years to achieve, and the raises that accompany promotions are dismal and insulting. In higher level roles you are expected to always be available via phone or email so there is little down time, and a very poor work/life balance. There are many women in leadership roles which is a great thing to see. Turnover is also high here. I did work with a woman who had a child and upon returning from maternity leave, had been stripped of her management duties. Her title and pay did not change, but she no longer had any decision making abilities and her staff that had reported to her now reported to her supervisor, who was also a woman.