Education.com

www.education.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Education.com to join us.

Bazaarvoice Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

Very flexible, but no PTO/Maternity leave for remote moderators; other positions may have these benefits but I'm not sure. All of my direct superiors are women.

Remote employees have very good flexibility.

Connelly Partners Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

T leadership is mostly men and it shows in how they promote. Men are promoted for going to a leadership meeting, a woman has to be liked by everyone to be promoted.

I already left.

Cumberland Heights Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

You will not receive good compensation, they pay nothing for maternity leave, and it is hard to have a balance between work and life.

Dot Foods Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Excellent culture, forward thinking, works towards inclusive and diverse workforce

VIDO-InterVac Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

For the particular research group, really check the positions that previous scientists-in-training (MSc/PhD students, Post-Doctoral Fellows, Research Associates) have attained under the PI (primary investigator). If the PI is publishing and attaining success in his/her field but is leaving a trail of students, fellows and associates that are not going on to successful careers, this is a warning flag. Find a better group/PI.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

All the above except for the first option. In addition, there needs to be more oversight of PI's and others who are supervising junior scientists/scientists-in -training, by senior management to ensure that these young scientists are also benefiting from their work. This is especially important as many of these junior positions are at least quasi-academic and at least partially funded with taxpayer money so there is an automatic assumption that all is being done fairly and equitably, but this may not be the case. This oversight would need to have a much better employee review process than what is currently in place.

District Of Columbia Hospital Association Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Need to understand that member-driven organizations are completely different from nonprofit/for profit businesses. If you can accept that and understand that nuances that come with the job, can be a great place to work

It was a great place to work when my boss was there, but Associations are run by the Board/members. Can be challenging when facing a difficult personality

Colorado Access Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Our company has a pretty even split of male and female leadership, and while we have a male CEO and CFO, the women here are pretty powerful too. Men seem to make more than women, but it's very difficult to get that information, so I can't be sure. We do seem to be equal opportunity when it comes to employment. Overall, I like it and have been able to advance much faster and more easily than anywhere else I've worked, and it does feel like part of that is because gender is less of an issue here. There are still inappropriate comments from time to time, but they're usually mild and easy to shut down. We don't have a very good maternity policy, but many of the women here, including female executives, have had and are having kids without being mommy-tracked. Out of all the places I've worked, this definitely feels the most equal, which says a lot.

Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've been very happy, both with the project I am working on and with the people I am working with. However, there seems to be a fair about of 'unconscious' bias at work here. There are 10 independent faculty members only 1 of them is female, and she seems to do the lion's share of the 'care taking' in terms of organizing social events and emotional support of newer faculty. While at lower levels in the research team the ratio female to male is very different( Instructor 1:2; Postdoc 1:1; Research Assistant 7:10). Invited lectures have also been predominately male (19/20 invited speakers were at the annual symposium over the lat 4 years). There are a number of subtle factors at play here, but because the people in charge of recruiting are scientists, they believe they are operation without bias. Suggestions of unconscious bias playing a role have been met (in the past) with anger and derision.

CareerBuilder Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

CareerBuilder is a great company to work for as a woman. The female executives are extremely intelligent and have worked their way into the positions that they occupy. There are more than enough resources to make your way to higher positions as long as you can network efficiently. There is also a women's group called CareerBuildHER which discusses events, advancement, networking, mentoring, and more, that the women of CareerBuilder can become involved with. The company is constantly working towards making the gender gap smaller and helping women with more opportunities.

Everyday Health Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.3

Company is poorly run with no direction. Very difficult to make an impact. Women are taken for granted.