Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Educational Data Systems, Inc to join us.

Roper Technologies Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

August 2018

Make sure your compensation package is very clear including variable bonus. What does success look like?

Ashwood Gifts Ltd Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

August 2018

Personally I would suggest most people, let alone women, to avoid working at this organisation. Ashwood Gifts Ltd is run by a family of Christians from the Plymouth Brethren/Exclusive Brethren community, who are very insular as part of their core nature. Research the PBs before accepting a position in this organisation to check that you know what you're letting yourself in for. At the time I worked there, three women worked in the same office as me. The co-founder's sister showed plenty of signs of being unhappy; her aunt seemed to have resigned herself to being seen as a lesser person; one of the warehouse workers was the designated 'tea-lady'. Outside of the office I physically worked in there was also the younger co-founder's wife, with whom I had a limited amount of contact, who did not respond to my efforts to say hello and introduce myself but was very quick to point out any mistakes I made. Regarding mistakes, I started the job feeling confident that I would do well, however I received minimal training. At first I took this to mean that I was doing a good job, but later it became apparent that most of the workers in the office did not want to interact with me (as I said, the Plymouth Brethren are worth researching before you commit to a job like this. Notably, PBs tend to discourage one-another from talking to non-PBs. This extended to training me properly). There is more that I could say here. This workplace offers a budget for free lunches but refuse to sit with you at lunchtime; they are overall very sensitive to anything even vaguely approaching colourful language; communication within the organisation leaves a lot to be desired (especially for outsiders like me. I once received an Instant Message between two of Ashwood's family members talking negatively about me, and I although I reported this to the co-founders, the reaction and any kind of satisfying resolution was very much lacking. Plus, when I handed my notice in, I waited for the co-founder to inform the rest of the team. When this was not mentioned in any group email or team huddle I asked when he was going to announce my leaving to the group. He told me he already had. I'd simply been left out of it).

To say that they are a little bit flexible is technically true but admittedly unhelpful: my working contract stated that I must dress modestly and was disallowed from wearing trousers. Since I feel more comfortable in trousers I asked, when I joined, to wear them and they accepted this. However, I am sure that I have already hinted enough that there are serious core issues with the way this company views and treats women, and I believe these need to be addressed but are unlikely to be. In addition, despite my job being administrative and the industry the company traded in being fairly full of late-starters (many of our customers opened at 10 or 11am, and even then seasonally,), the co-founders' religious beliefs supported starting work very early in the morning. My initial contract was for me to start work at 7am. Due to circumstances at home I was unable to accept a start quite so early so re-contracted for 7.30am. They accepted this. It may also be worth noting that this company had me working for as many hours as they could. Just because I started at 7.30am it didn't mean I got to leave early. I left a while ago but my leaving time was 5.30pm.

Eliminate the negative impact of the founders' religious beliefs about women, which currently lessen the prospects of women in this workplace.

Newsweek Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2018

Too much chaos and not enough benefits for employees, especially women like a good maternity leave , matching 401k, etc.

Credit Union ONE Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

Yes, it very diverse as far as women as a whole. There is only one woman of color in an executive/senior manager level position.

Cambia Health Solutions Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

You have the ability to work remotely from home and other than "core hours" which you are expected to be available, the hours are extremely flexible and family friendly.

Scheels Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

You will work hard. Treatment varies based on who you talk to.

It could be better.

Acanac Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Safe to say I have zero issues here. Very inclusive and supportive workspace. Have yet to feel undermined or undervalued in my current position. I would reccomend Acanac, they get it!

Apptio Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
1.5

November 2016

Senior leadership team is very male and very old school. HR does not have any gender diversity initiatives despite being a technology company. Some of the floors have so few females its like working in a frat house. They are so blind to this issue that they named the conference rooms after historical scientists, further emphasizing male domination. Printers are named after Bond villains, which opens things up to unflattering female character names. The leadership at this company is tenured and may have come here as a safe place to preserve the status quo.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Lansinoh Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Horrible culture, not family friendly and very immature management staff

Scripps Networks Interactive Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Maternity benefits does not exist at SNI. Scripps Networks Interactive actually gives no maternity benefits. As a new mother, women are considered on short term disability (STD). Therefore we receive the same benefit as a male also on STD. After 6 weeks (regular birth) or 8 weeks (c-section) the company requires women to take 5 days of PTO. The remaining time left on the FMLA leave is unpaid. New fathers and adoptive mothers get 2 weeks paid parental leave but new biological women must take this concurrently as STD. There is no 401(k) matching (and PTO is not accrued) during the unpaid FMLA leave. For a company that has a predominantly female viewership, the "maternity policies" are below industry standards. Upper management is comprised of older men and women who are way beyond child-rearing years and have not changed these policies even as the social climate changes around them. Also to note, the company policies are based on local and state laws. The company only mandates the minimum leave required by laws so the women in the Tennessee law are entitled to 16 weeks of leave while women in NY office get 12 weeks of leave (all unpaid after STD).