Energy 1 llc

www.energy-1.net/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Energy 1 llc to join us.

DSM Sinochem Pharmaceuticals Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is very difficult to get higher salary after you start. The negotiation ceases upon hiring.

The Baby Fold Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

I really enjoyed my time working at this company. The culture was very family oriented.

ResCare Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This company is male dominated in the upper ranks and run by informal leaders who are family related or friends in the lower ranks. Favoritism and fear for ones job even at the executive leadership level exists. Exploring new ideas is blatantly rejected and unacceptable.

Rally Software Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

really good work / life culture, even now with being acquired by CA Technologies; seeing more women in engineering leadership roles, not so much sales. company value of "create your own reality" is pretty ambiguous when it comes to growth and promotion.

clearer paths for growth better (trained) management

MediaMonks Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The culture is very male-driven and is lenient towards frat-house humor that is not appropriate for a workplace setting.

Lowe's Companies Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.2

I would not recommend working here, unless you have few other options.

Kirkland & Ellis LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked here as a corporate associate for a few years. I think women are generally treated fairly and I don't think there is a disparity in responsibility, respect, etc. - particularly at the associate level. However, as mid-level women advance (both in their personal lives and careers), I think they are generally less successful at making the step to non-share or share partner (than men). The M&A group maintains an "up or out" structure, so you'll see VERY few female share partners (the odds aren't great for men, either, but numerically there are far more men than women at the top). The debt finance group, on the other hand, will let women stay on as non-share partners for a much longer period of time. I believe this is the case in other groups too, such as litigation and IP. However, I'm not sure if that's actually good or bad - it's great not to have to find another job 10 years in, but it takes you off the share partner track and relegates you to a lesser position with a glass ceiling. Maternity and leave policies are fantastic - definitely have kids here, if you can - and then leave for a place with better work/life balance! While it's hard to "have it all" anywhere, I'm sure every woman at K&E has heard stories of (or personally experienced) the challenges of the long hours and the toll it takes on families - full time nannies, backup nannies, daycare + backup nannies, missed sports events/dance recitals, etc. Some women seem to be fine with that and salaries are high enough to make it economically feasible, but I just don't think I could ever love a job enough to miss out on most of my child's life.

Los Angeles County Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.7

Perspective of some are "choose to be a mother or work towards being a supervisor", yep that was said to me after returning from maternity leave. You are overlooked for requesting taking off although they say they support families. No understanding from non-parents of what it is to be a parent. There are a lot of women working here, tend to move up after having kids or before. The mothers are supportive and offer advice of how they have been able to juggle work and family. Management is male dominant, and only females have been ones without children. We have our own HR which is should be good but they do not understand employee needs and want to treat everyone "the same" which is not reality. Approval for time off past legal limits (FMLA etc) is hard but possible, but for those who do not know it is possible may not get the same "deal" because they don't ask for it. HR is not helpful in advising what our legal rights are and I had to have various meetings explaining to them how I can use FMLA/PDL, which they disagreed untill I actually gave birth (same experience for other moms). Flexibility in hours is luck, depends on what section you may work in as each section has different functions, supervisors and oppurtunities. Although the County strongly supports telework, management does not support it unless it is a very paticular circumstance backed by Doctors notes and paperwork. Oh the paperwork. Most recently, the "lactation room" which was previously a lounge area that is attached to the bathroom was remodeled. New furniture was placed in there and a lock was placed, so only lactating mothers can use it. This is a great improvement.

South Carolina Research Authority Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Working here was a great experience but I was definitely put on the mommy track as soon as I announced that I was pregnant.

Humanscale Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are not a lot of official policies that support women and especially women with families. Maternity Leave is only what is mandated by the law (FMLA) and the paid portion is only if you have the short-term disability. However if you know your worth and are willing to state your preferences - as opposed to asking for permission - you'll end up with a work/life balance to suit your needs. As a sales organization, it's all about performance - and proving "them" wrong if they don't think a working mother can handle the responsibilities and high growth expectations.