Episcopal School of Baton Rouge

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Episcopal School of Baton Rouge to join us.

Midwest Community Bank Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Run for the hills. Not only are their benefits the worst I've ever seen in my 12 years of working experience, but they do not even have a written maternity policy. When I got pregnant, I thought perhaps they would finally implement something into their policy, but this never happened and I received ZERO compensation for the time I took off. I was told I was lucky to even be able to take any time off, which was interesting seeing that I was protected through FMLA. I paid over 1500 a month for our insurance premium PLUS our deductible was 5k a person! With no paid maternity leave, it was very hard for us to plan financially to make our mortgage payment during the three months I had no income and still have to pay our 1.5k insurance premium to get post-maternity care and keep up with my baby boy's dr visits. All while, knowing that the two brothers that own the bank privately made well into the upper six figures and had not a care in the world about their senior support staff struggling to raise a brand new family. It was very disconcerning. They also pay severely undermarket in general, but especially if you are a woman. I am a very high achiever, and I had to persistently ask for a performance review for over a year and a half before I finally got any feedback from my boss. When I finally did get the feedback, I had positive scores across the board and I went a step further and brought up compensation sharing industry averages from Robert Half's 2017 publication, noting that I was severely underpaid for my position and level of experience coupled with my recent stellar performance review. My boss granted me a 2k bonus immediately in good faith that I would receive a raise after the first quarter. Well that never happened, and the CEO (one of the brothers I mentioned earlier) decided to let me go with no warning, 2 week notice and certainly no severance. While I'm glad that I gained the experience there, that place for a woman is like working 50 years ago. I even witnessed the CEO fire his current assistant with no warning or valid reasoning as happened to me (she was the office mom type, middle aged woman who dressed in relaxed fit clothing) only to have her replacement already lined up, a younger, hipper version that seemed like arm candy. It was gross, and probably illegal. Unfortunately, I don't know if it's worth a legal pursuit. I'm hoping to warn women this way instead. They don't deserve your time or talent. I am very happy now in my current role and this experience really made me appreciate what I have now!

They have no written maternity leave policy. HR makes you feel lucky to get unpaid FMLA. Insurance is 1.5k per month with a 5k deductible per person. How can a modern household with two working parents afford this on top of a mortgage, car payment, etc with NO income???

Arizona Federal Credit Union Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

While the organization does promote and retain a lot of female leadership, there is definitely the air of a 'boys club' in certain sectors of the company.

While the department I work in tends to be more flexible, other parts of the organization require a more scheduled workday. In addition, the company has a very old-school policy towards telecommuting, even in departments or roles where the entire position could successfully complete their work 100 percent remotely.

Maternity leave is the required 12 weeks FMLA, but it is not guaranteed to be paid. Employees must use short-term disability (60 percent of your pay during your 'recovery' period) that is elective and paid for by the employee with their other benefits. The remaining 40 percent, as well as time off before/after short-term is taken from a sick bank and PTO bank.

Maybe. It depends on the part of the organization you wish to work for.

Life Care Centers of America Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Stay to yourself everything will workout if you just My your own business

Ok

Peach State Federal Credit Union Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Time off is a hassle and you are made to feel guilty even when you have time banked.

Improve staffing ratios so there could be opportunities for more work life balance.

Schindler Elevator Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
1.5

Several positions require regular travel across many states and time zones. Very white and male dominated. Old school business. Unforunately, most women are in support or adminstrative positions. Referred to as "old boys club."

Colorado State University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very gratifying to help students. Fairly male dominated. Extremely flexible.

Not for Pay, Hiring

CrossChx Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

CrossChx really does believe in the mission. The energy is young, energetic, and exciting. I feel passionate about the work I do, and I love the fast pace in the office. Plus it's a pretty sweet officespace! The issues are underlying and definitely not intended to make women feel inferior, but I notice that there are significantly more men here as we are a software company with predominantly software engineers and sales reps, which may not be a field that a lot of women choose to work in. Our pay may be slightly lower. I correct the men at work when they say something unintentionally offensive, but that is also a structural society issue at large in the US. Overall my benefits and salary are great compared to my previous positions, and the leave policy is flexible which may guilt you into not taking time off but get the guts to request it and just do it - it's not frowned upon at all. :) There's a bit of a bro culture sometimes, but the leadership is working to address this. Overall, I really do love working here.

Abington Memorial Hospital Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women dominated in nursing, but women physicians were not treated well/supported on a level playing field with male physicians.

WellSpring Resources Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2015

I have worked for this company for a year an a half. I accepted the opportunity to work here with the intention of it being long term employment, but just could not stick it out. Very unsupportive work environment, little to no training after basics are covered and simply put employees are viewed as work horses and not humans.

RAM Development Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2015

I worked there for quite some time. I feel like management took advantage of my nativity and skills. I was almost running the entire business operations after just a few short months. (I was left completely on my own, to my own devices (which should have tipped me off to how the rest of my employment with them would go)after only being there 3 days. Don't get me wrong, not everything about my experience was bad. The other employees I worked with were mostly enjoyable people. My only complaint was ever with management, or rather lack of it. Even though I put in place several ideas that wound up saving the company money, my ideas and input were rarely ever taken into account or listened to. I'm not saying I have the best or brightest ideas but I think some of them at least deserved more discussion. I guess my issue with this really lies with how much personal pressure that management would put on each employee that the success of the business was up to the employee but then not allowing the employees any input into ideas or policies at all.